Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not accepting Content Path on set up
05-06-2021, 13:20
Not accepting Content Path on set up
I'm setting up MinimServer for the first time.

I have followed the instructions to enter the path of my music library - see image 01/2307.

However, I keep getting a 'Content directory error' message - see image 02/2308.

What am I doing wrong?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2021, 13:56
RE: Not accepting Content Path on set up
Is CloudCentral a shared folder?
06-06-2021, 02:53
It's the NAS and Music is the Volume. I can't seem to create a shared folder under MUSIC as it says there may be not enough space, even though there is 4Tb of space. I'm reasonably new to the NAS environment so hope I've set up my Volumes and folders corectly.
08-06-2021, 09:39
My apologies for not responding more promptly to your last post. For some reason, the forum didn't send me an automatic notifcation email to alert me to your post.

If you open File Station on the QNAP, you will see a list of your volumes and shared folders. I have attached a screenshot showing what this looks like on my QNAP. I have two volumes named DataVol1 and DataVol2. The volume DataVol1 has a number of shared folders including MinimServer and Music.

My music library is in the Music shared folder and the path for this in my contentDir property is /share/Music. If I had a subfolder 2020 under my Music folder and I wanted to use this as my music library, I would enter /share/Music/2020 for contentDir instead of /share/Music.

What does this look like on your system? You are entering a path that starts with /share/CloudCentral, which should mean you have a a shared folder named CloudCentral under one of the volumes on your NAS. If you don't have CloudCentral as a shared folder, this path will not work.

There is a tutorial for creating a QNAP shared folder in this YouTube video.

If the above doesn't enable you to solve the problem, please post a screenshot of what you see in File Station on your system.

08-06-2021, 10:34 (This post was last modified: 08-06-2021 10:36 by Peter StreamMagic.)
For some reason, the forum didn't send me an automatic notifcation email to alert me to your post

I also noticed this happens once in a while, the system is clearly not 100% reliable.