Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recreating The Record Shop Experience
04-06-2021, 01:46
Recreating The Record Shop Experience
Hi,

Prior to marriage I filed my 5K albums by genre. My wife had no knowledge of music so I was asked to file them alpabetically.

Streaming exerbates the problem I have. It's like walking into a record store and walking out with every record they had.

Mininserver is a database with filters. My record shop experience is what I want. That included two factors, new albums bought and albums by genre. Most metadata for albums is incorrect but I can and do fix that as I rip.

Minimserver has a real opportunity to sell itself as most closely representing the record store experience. I would add randomized front screen, new albums bought and refined by genre. Music affects my mood. That's why I want the record store experience. Any other takers?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2021, 12:39
RE: Recreating The Record Shop Experience
Sorry to keep banging on about Lumin. I think that should meet your needs as far as possible. The other real life experience it tries to give you is the nearest thing to handling the LPs - you can stretch the images so that only one appears on the screen.
Donuk Beautiful downtown York
28-06-2021, 11:39
RE: Recreating The Record Shop Experience
(23-06-2021 12:39)Donuk Wrote:  Sorry to keep banging on about Lumin. I think that should meet your needs as far as possible. The other real life experience it tries to give you is the nearest thing to handling the LPs - you can stretch the images so that only one appears on the screen.
Donuk Beautiful downtown York
Thanks, Lumin works alongside my control point Don. I'm going to try to get my control point (HiFi Cast) to incorporate the date loaded filter. It's too easy to lose track of albums I'm loading - it's not like leaving ten vinyl acquisitions next to the HiFi.

Cheers,

Brian