Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information Files - Experience and Suggestion
25-05-2021, 15:53
RE: Information Files - Experience and Suggestion
(24-05-2021 15:55)simoncn Wrote:  For both artwork files and booklets, the rules are designed to allow multiple albums to be in the same folder if desired. If a new rule were added to allow a random match with any booklet*.pdf file in the folder (or any *.pdf file), a booklet file for a different album in the same folder might be selected.

My goal for the naming rules is clarity and consistency while supporting common use cases. I believe the current rules achieve this. It can be tempting to respond to every user request with a new option that satisfies the request but past experience has shown me that the downside of this approach is increased complexity that creates problems for the majority of users.

Hi Simon,
thx for explaining your opinion.
It actually never occured to me, that someone could have
different albums in the same folder.
I would become desperate in such a situation.

I'll go for the booklet.pdf or maybe the softlink.

<grin>
and therefore I am glad that you
aren't too strict for your own arguments
because a booklet.pdf file could pop up with the
wrong album in that scenario in exactly the same way
as my suggestion. (Or there is something I still misunderstand)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2021, 22:19
RE: Information Files - Experience and Suggestion
The booklet.pdf file is for folders containing one album. The albumname.pdf file is for folders containing more than one album. Both of these have precise matching rules. I think it is good to keep these cases separate, rather than creating some new booklet-albumname.pdf hybrid with fuzzy matching rules..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply