Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver & Minimwatch both stopped working
05-06-2021, 16:34
RE: Minimserver & Minimwatch both stopped working
This is important information. It suggests that there might be a UPnP discovery problem with your network. As a start, try powering all devices off and on in the order described in this section.

If this doesn't work, check your router settings for IGMP snooping. This should be disabled. Which router do you have?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2021, 09:11 (This post was last modified: 06-06-2021 09:33 by Budgie64.)
Hi Simon it’s a Bt home hub 4 but maybe a 5 i also have a netgear GS108Tv3 switch what shall I do with minimwatch on the Mac while I carry out the steps leave it running? Also what is the renderer please?
06-06-2021, 10:00
Before powering off your equipment, there is one more thing you can try. On your BT HomeHub, try completely disabling the 5 GHz wireless band and using the 2.4 GHz band instead. This router is known to have problems with multicast messaging on the 5 Ghz band.

If this doesn't help, leave the HomeHub on the 2.4 GHz band and do the following:

You need to power off all your network, computer and audio equipment with no exceptions. This includes the router, all switches (the GS108Tv3), all wireless access points or network extenders (if you have any), all computers (including the Mac), all NAS devices, all iOS devices, all Android devices (if you have any), your Cambridge Audio streamer (this is the renderer) and anything else that is part of your network or has a network connection (for example, power line extenders).

After doing this, power on just the minimum equipment to run MinimServer and MinimWatch, in this order:

1) Your router (then wait 5 minutes)
2) Your switch (then wait 2 minutes). Don't power on the switch unless this is essential to connect your NAS and your Mac.
3) Your NAS running MinimServer (then wait 10 minutes to be sure MinimServer is running)
4) Your Mac running MinimWatch

With this minimal setup, does MinimWatch find MinimServer?
06-06-2021, 10:16
Hi Simon in the router settings to do this i need to change it to seperate bands and then disable 5Gz is that right ?
06-06-2021, 10:25
That sounds right although I haven't done this myself. It is based on the experience of another user some years ago.
06-06-2021, 17:39
Hi Simon i disabled 5 z and still nothing worked we then bizarley managed to trip the power in our house when i restarted the Nas i restarted minimwatch and it works ! I doubt if its the router settings being changed there must have been a problem with minimserver on the Nas would you agree ?
06-06-2021, 17:52
Tripping the mains power was equivalent to the full power off and on that I had suggested. When this solves the problem, it is likely that something in the router was the cause. Another possibility is an issue with the NAS or MinimServer.
06-06-2021, 22:35
Thanks for all your help though Simon much appreciated