Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tag contents not showing when browsing
29-04-2021, 11:24 (This post was last modified: 29-04-2021 12:35 by samnorthernlights.)
RE: Tag contents not showing when browsing
(28-04-2021 21:39)simoncn Wrote:  I have a feeling about how this is going to end but I will wait for your news.

I haven't heard back yet but I used a converter to convert an album from ALAC to FLAC and then added this to MP3tag. A lot of the tags I had added in the ALAC version were blank in the FLAC version, including Work and Part. I added them to the FLAC version and they show up in Minimserver.

A bit of a blow to be honest - I have 162 albums in ALAC just because iTunes was a convenient ripper on Mac and I thought the tags looked fine. I will probably now need to convert all of these albums to FLAC if I want them to show all of the tags in Minimserver.

Going forward I shouldn't have a problem as I am now using XLD to rip to FLAC.

EDIT: Just had a reply from mp3tag developer and here is an excerpt if it is useful :

"I had a look at the example file you’ve sent and the WORK = Missa Dum Complerentur is correctly stored in an internal ©wrk MP4 atom.

It then seems that Minimserver doesn’t support all the fields. If you get a reply from their support, you can point them to https://help.mp3tag.de/main_tags.html which shows how Mp3tag maps different fields internally.

FLAC is easy in this regard, because the is no internal mapping — the field names are just used also in the internal tag structure."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2021, 21:55 (This post was last modified: 30-04-2021 15:56 by simoncn.)
RE: Tag contents not showing when browsing
I will add support for reading the ©wrk MP4 atom in the next MinimServer update. Thank you for all your work in identifying the cause of the problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply