Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error 1 after installing MinimServer 2 on NAS
25-04-2021, 18:58 (This post was last modified: 25-04-2021 18:59 by Peter StreamMagic.)
Error 1 after installing MinimServer 2 on NAS
Today I installed MinimServer 2 on my NAS (QNAP TS119P2).
All went well for a while but now right clicking the MinimWatch icon (green) gives no response and I get an error 1 warning    
I don't know if it is related but IndexArtwork is not working either.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2021, 22:00
RE: Error 1 after installing MinimServer 2 on NAS
This error means MinimWatch can't communicate with MinimServer, perhaps because MinimServer isn't running.
25-04-2021, 22:13 (This post was last modified: 25-04-2021 22:19 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(25-04-2021 22:00)simoncn Wrote:  This error means MinimWatch can't communicate with MinimServer, perhaps because MinimServer isn't running.
Not sure, the icon was green all the time.
I later got this message    
26-04-2021, 08:53
There might be a firewall on your Windows PC or your NAS that is blocking communication.
26-04-2021, 09:00
(26-04-2021 08:53)simoncn Wrote:  There might be a firewall on your Windows PC or your NAS that is blocking communication.

So IndexArtwork not working isn't related?
26-04-2021, 09:49
You won't be able to enable indexArtwork until MinimWatch can communicate with MinimServer and show the Properties dialog.
26-04-2021, 09:54
(26-04-2021 09:49)simoncn Wrote:  You won't be able to enable indexArtwork until MinimWatch can communicate with MinimServer and show the Properties dialog.

I did enable indexArtwork using MinimWatch, problems with the NAS occurred later.
26-04-2021, 10:18
The first step is to solve the problem with MinimWatch. It will be difficult to make progress on solving the indexArtwork problem until MinimWatch is working.

In the log you posted, the message "no subnet is active" suggests that a network adapter on the PC has been disabled. This might be related to the communication issue.
27-04-2021, 11:42
(26-04-2021 10:18)simoncn Wrote:  The first step is to solve the problem with MinimWatch. It will be difficult to make progress on solving the indexArtwork problem until MinimWatch is working.

In the log you posted, the message "no subnet is active" suggests that a network adapter on the PC has been disabled. This might be related to the communication issue.

All seems fine now (MinimWatch).
I think the communication issue was related to a setting in the anti-virus program (ESET) I use.
Normally my network is set as Home/Company network (all connected subnets are to be trusted) now it was set to use Windows settings, probably blocking MinimWatch communication.

No indexArtwork though.
I did a NAS restart and a full rescan.
I did add indexArtwork to properties    
The indexArtwork folder was copied from my PC to my NAS.
27-04-2021, 11:48 (This post was last modified: 27-04-2021 11:49 by simoncn.)
Is your index artwork folder in the correct location on the NAS? Is MinimServer on the NAS running the latest update level? Are there any error messages in the server log?