Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver Installation: 404 Error
20-04-2021, 17:30
RE: Minimserver Installation: 404 Error
(20-04-2021 15:50)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I also tried Edge, the download works.

It sounds like Edge doesn't have the new default for referrer policy that has been adopted recently by other browsers as a security feature. See my previous post for a Firefox workaround.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2021, 02:14
It looks like Simon's advice on Firefox works! MinimServer 2 is installed on the Antipodes.
Now that I've updated the music directory, the server status shows "Started" instead of "Running". Should I click "Rescan" and wait a bit longer?
21-04-2021, 09:18 (This post was last modified: 21-04-2021 09:21 by simoncn.)
As you have specified a new content directory, MinimServer is doing an initial full scan of this content directory. This takes a lot longer than a normal startup rescan. You should wait for this scan to finish and the status to change to Running. If you click Rescan, this will cancel the full scan currently in progress and start another full scan from scratch (not a good idea).

I am pleased to hear the new MinimServer page and Firefox settings change are working with the Antipodes CX.
21-04-2021, 16:08
I'm very happy to report that everything works fine now... except for a few cover arts which do not appear. I'll figure out this one next. Thanks for the advice and help!
04-05-2021, 13:56
Hi, today I tried to run a rescan and click:
MinimServer Admin

But this leads me to an error:
Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.50.126:9790.

This is the first time it's happening and it appears on both my Safari Ipad and Firefox Mac.

May I check what will be the problem here?
Thank you.
04-05-2021, 19:43
This probably means MinimServer isn't running. Which platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, Synology, QNAP, etc.) do you use to run MinimServer?
05-05-2021, 03:05
(04-05-2021 19:43)simoncn Wrote:  This probably means MinimServer isn't running. Which platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, Synology, QNAP, etc.) do you use to run MinimServer?

Hi Simon,
I realise that there was no internet connection from the wifi extender. I restarted the extender and the Linux server and now everything works okay! Thanks.