Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oppo 203 & HEO connection issues
10-04-2021, 22:04 (This post was last modified: 11-04-2021 10:10 by simoncn.)
RE: Oppo 203 & HEO connection issues
From your earlier post, I thought MinimServer on the NAS was working OK. This doesn't seem consistent with your latest post referring to the NAS acting wonky. Which is it? If the NAS instance of MinimServer and the iMac instance of MinimServer are both not visible to other network devices, this points to a UPnP discovery problem with your network (router, switch or WAP, wireless or wired).

In this case, the first step is to identify the faulty component by swapping one thing at a time. My suggestion about the cable was for fault isolation testing only.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2021, 13:01
You are correct, MinimServer is working fine on my NAS. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
I swapped the NAS connection to my LAN; it's now directly connected to my router instead of the switch.

My iMac instance is wonky and it recently started acting this way. I will call the folks that sold me my network setup and see if they have any ideas.
11-04-2021, 13:34
I googled osx WIFI UPNP issues and found there's a built in wifi utility. I ran the diagnostics test if that helps. There's a long list of tests/results this diagnostic ran. I will also set the utility to monitor my network to see what takes place regarding connection issues....
11-04-2021, 15:04
If your NAS (wired) is working well and your iMac (wireless) isn't, the issue is likely to be with your WAP. If your WAP has IGMP snooping enabled, try disabling it.