Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer disapeared from LinnApp
05-04-2021, 11:11
MinimServer disapeared from LinnApp
Hello All
I wonder of I get can some advice please.
For last few months I have been enjoying playing my classical collection on Linn Klimax using Linn app for iOS.
This morning the MinimServer as media source has dissaperead from the app and I am unable to add it.
I have checked on my iMac and MinimServer is running with no issues. Yet, I can't add or see it to the Linn App.

Any suggestions please in simple words please as I am not IT geek Smile

Thanks

John

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2021, 11:39
RE: MinimServer disapeared from LinnApp
(05-04-2021 11:11)John1949 Wrote:  Hello All
I wonder of I get can some advice please.
For last few months I have been enjoying playing my classical collection on Linn Klimax using Linn app for iOS.
This morning the MinimServer as media source has dissaperead from the app and I am unable to add it.
I have checked on my iMac and MinimServer is running with no issues. Yet, I can't add or see it to the Linn App.

Any suggestions please in simple words please as I am not IT geek Smile

Thanks

John

Have you tried other iOS apps like LUMIN or Linn Kazoo?
Also there is a update for the Linn app available ( one of the improvements is network discovery)
05-04-2021, 11:51 (This post was last modified: 05-04-2021 14:19 by Leif.)
I had a similar problem.
MinimServer kept on status Loading
My problem was caused by MinimStream.
I did not know I had MinimStream installed.
But after I had uninstalled MinimStream, MinimServer worked like previously.

People say: because there has been a change in license.
Though I could not read any mention of license changes on minimserver.com
05-04-2021, 12:36
The OP's problem is not caused by MinimStreamer. If the MinimStreamer trial license had expired, there would be an error message on the configuration status web page.

The license for MinimStreamer 0.7.19 expired on 31st March. This was announced some time ago in the MinimServer forum and on the MinimServer website. Also, the MinimServer status web page would have showed an error message. Any users who were using MinimStreamer 0.7.19 need to either uninstall MinimStreamer or move up to MinimServer 2 and MinimStreamer 2.
06-04-2021, 10:30
I have full licence for Minim products.
I got rid of Linn Kazoo server as its not the best for displaying or organising classical music (long story)
I have relaunched everything today but no luck, server status is shows as running but not visibility on LinnApp as a media source.
Contacted the Linn and see what they will say
06-04-2021, 10:47
This could be a UPnP network discovery issue. Which device are you using to run the Linn App? Can you try another control point (for example, mConnect, Linn Kazoo or Linn Kinsky) runnng on the same device?
06-04-2021, 10:51
(06-04-2021 10:30)John1949 Wrote:  I have full licence for Minim products.
I got rid of Linn Kazoo server as its not the best for displaying or organising classical music (long story)
I have relaunched everything today but no luck, server status is shows as running but not visibility on LinnApp as a media source.
Contacted the Linn and see what they will say
It is not Kazoo server I asked you to try but the Linn Kazoo app.
In my opinion Kazoo is far better in displaying than the (far to small pictures) new Linn app.
06-04-2021, 13:58
I seem to have a similar problem.I tried to play some music from Minimserver from Linn Kazoo this morning.Minimserver not seen in Kazoo I tried the usual solutions stopped and restarted Minimserver in Synology NAS and repointed my iTunes library to Synology NAS to no avail.I am running High Sierra on my iMac.I am perfectly happy to pay for Minimserver 2 the only thing that concerns me is that I have only got things up and running with help from Simon and others here.Am I right in saying that with Minimserver 2 that things should work seamlessly as before and that for instance I would not have to re-input album art etc.I would only really need basic version Minimserver.
14-04-2021, 20:19 (This post was last modified: 14-04-2021 20:20 by Guilly.)
Hello,
I have a similar problem. I have tried to uninstall miniserver, install the version 2 but still minimartver is not visible in linn app.
My nas is visible from the app.
Any clue how to solve this issue?
Thanks
14-04-2021, 20:43
What platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, Synology, QNAP, etc.) are you using to run MinimServer?