Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Minimserver2 on QNAP NAS - Failure so far!
27-03-2021, 22:50
Installing Minimserver2 on QNAP NAS - Failure so far!
I have a QNAP TS-269Pro NAS and am trying to upgrade from Minimserver 0.8.5.2. to Minimserver2. I have succeeded in purchasing a licence and downloading Minimwatch 2, but I am struggling to install Minimserver2 on the NAS.
Following Simon's instructions, I have got to the stage of clicking "Intel" tab in the QNAP part of Minimserver Minimserver2 and Minimwatch2 downloads page. I click on "save" in the pop-up window, which saves MinimServer-2.0.18-intel.qpkg to my MacBook downloads section. I suspect that I do not want this on my Macbook, but on the NAS, but I have not succeeded in finding how to do that.
If I go into the NAS and find the Minimserver app, it is still showing 0.8.5.2., I can see that there is an update available, and in the AppCenter it is one of the 11 apps with updates installed, but when I click on "Open", it throws me to a window that says 0.8.5.2. is no longer supported, and that I need to download Minimserver2. So that completes the circle!
Can anyone help me break the circle, please? I imagine that it is not that difficult, I am probably just missing something somewhere.

Grateful for all suggestions!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2021, 09:06
RE: Installing Minimserver2 on QNAP NAS - Failure so far!
QNAP has unfortunately decided not to make MinimServer 2 available in the App Center for this model. You can install it by following the instructions in this section.
28-03-2021, 22:53
Simon, thank you so much for your reply. I have finally managed to work out how to manually install Minimserver2 on my QNAP NAS. Working my way carefully through your excellent instructions, and taking the time to understand the QNAP, I finally found how to install the software that I had already downloaded to my MacBook onto the QNAP. I have now activated the licence, and am up and running.
But it's a shame that QNAP have not made Minimserver2 available in the AppCenter for my TS-269Pro. Does that mean that it is is "out-of-date"?
29-03-2021, 06:46
Yes, application updates finished in March 2018. See this page.