Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download link error 3
25-03-2021, 20:56
RE: Download link error 3
Thanks for this. The renderer requests the AAC ADTS stream and MinimStreamer starts sending it, then the renderer closes the connection. Immediately following this, the renderer requests the stream again and MinimStreamer starts sending the same stream data. After about 5 seconds, the renderer closes the connection.

This probably means your renderer can't play an AAC ADTS stream. Which renderer are you using?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2021, 21:03
I'm using the Bel Canto Design REFStream:

https://belcantodesign.com/pdfs/UG_REFStream.pdf

Other than buy another renderer, is there a solution?
25-03-2021, 22:56
The specifications for this renderer say that it supports WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, DSF and DFF. You should be able to get the BBC streams to play by transcoding them to WAV. To do this, add aac:wav24 to the stream.transcode property and restart MinimServer.
26-03-2021, 10:13
No joy... but I'm learning something at least! I've tried with the DASH file and also acc:wav rather than acc:wav24. I've attached a debug file using the DASH file and the transcode field set as acc:wav24.

Thanks!

Attached File(s)
.zip  Debug_DASH_WAV24.zip (Size: 11.67 KB / Downloads: 1)
26-03-2021, 10:53 (This post was last modified: 26-03-2021 11:08 by simoncn.)
Thanks for trying this. This log shows the same problem as the previous log.

It is possible that your renderer needs to know the length of the stream. This is known for a local file but isn't known for a radio stream.

Because of this issue with some renderers, MinimStreamer allows you to set the streamSize option in the stream.options property. This sends a "fake" stream length to the renderer in the HTTP response. I suggest you start by setting streamSize=100MB and restarting MinimServer. If this works, you can experiment with larger values up to 4095MB.

Edit: For consistency, it would be a good idea to set stream.transcode=aac:wav24-100MB. This sets the stream length in the WAV header. It is possible that the renderer might check that this value matches the value in the HTTP response.
26-03-2021, 11:46
Success! Many thanks! The stream limit for this renderer is 2000 MB.
26-03-2021, 12:49
I'm pleased to hear this works. According to my calculations, 2000 MB will give you about 115 minutes with wav24 transcoding or 173 minutes with wav transcoding.
26-03-2021, 12:56
Thanks! I also tried your second suggestion, but couldn't get it to work.
26-03-2021, 13:11
Do you mean the wav24-100MB setting? Did you get an error when setting this or did the stream not play?
26-03-2021, 13:30
Yes, with the wav24-100MB setting it didn't play. I guess it's possible that I didn't enter the parameters in the appropriate fields correctly, and didn't run a log to check for errors. It works perfectly with the streamSize=2000MB setting in the stream.options field and acc:wav24 in the stream.transcode field.

If you can be explicit about the stream.options and stream.transcode fields, I'm happy to check.

Are these limitations of renderers chip dependent or could they be changed with a manufacturer's firmware update?