Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download link error 3
26-03-2021, 14:25
RE: Download link error 3
Thansk for confirming. I am not sure why this is happening but it doesn't really matter as it is working without this setting.

A WAV stream can have a maximum length of 4GB-1. Tihs is a limitation of the WAV format and no renderer firmware can increase this value. It sounds like your renderer is imposing a smaller limit of 2GB-1. This could be increased to 4GB-1 by a firmware update that treats the length field as an unsigned integer rather than a signed integer. You could ask the renderer manufacturer if they could make the necessary firmware change to increase this limit to 4GB-1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2021, 15:05
Thanks! If you could let me know the wav24-100MB settings, I wouldn't mind trying them just for my own understanding.

You were pretty much spot on! I got 120 mins of play with aac:wav24. I guess I could just add the same station to the playlist for uninterrupted play.

I'll email BCD about firmware updates.
26-03-2021, 16:23
I tried this and something isn't quite right. The stream does play but the full amount of data wasn't received. I will investigate this and post back here.
26-03-2021, 20:15 (This post was last modified: 26-03-2021 21:04 by Torikichi.)
I don't appear to having much joy again! I went back to play an audio file and they now don't play. I've worked backwards and removed the stream.options and stream.transcode settings, but still can't get anything to play using LUMIN as the control. I can get the files to play using DS Audio as the control, however.

PS: After checking the LUMIN settings more closely, I noticed that there were two options for the renderer. On choosing the other, I can now play my audio files again. Would you know why this is?

Thanks!
27-03-2021, 21:42 (This post was last modified: 28-03-2021 08:55 by simoncn.)
The LUMIN app requires an OpenHome renderer. Perhaps you have set up BubbleUPnP Server to "wrap" your renderer as OpenHome. If you have done this, you will need to select the "wrapped" instance of your renderer for the LUMIN app.

I have found what is causing the problem of not getting all the data when you specify a transcode limit. While fixing this, I have also removed the need to specify the size limit in two different places (streamSize and stream.transcode). In the next release of MinimStreamer, you can specify either of these and the other will automatically be set correctly.

These changes will enable you to add the radio stream to the playing queue multiple times to get a longer playing time. Depending on how your control point and renderer handle this, there might be a very short interruption to the audio when the renderer moves to the next playing queue entry.

The new version of MinimStreamer with these changes should be available in the next few days.
28-03-2021, 09:38
Many thanks for this! I'll get that installed once released.

Yes, that's right, I'm using BubbleUPnP. I can't see on the LUMIN app, however, where I can select "wrapped". I see two renderers, both with the same name, "Belcanto Renderer-6".

The set up does wobble once in a while and I find myself having to restart all units. Otherwise, 99% of the time, other than for the LUMIN app crashing, it works well. I wonder, however, if you, or other forum members, could recommend an OpenHome renderer for the best integration/playback? What I see available is somewhat mind boggling... and very expensive!
28-03-2021, 09:58
Open the Bubbleupnpserver configuration page, go to Media Renderer and give your media Renderer a different name as Open Home renderer.
In this way you’ll be able to select the right one in Lumïn app

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

28-03-2021, 10:24 (This post was last modified: 28-03-2021 10:44 by Torikichi.)
I just tried this, but now only see one "Belcanto Renderer-6", which doesn't work. When I've gone back to the BubbleUPnP configuration page, the Media Renderer page is blank... ?

PS: Not sure what happened there, but the page reappeared and I'm now back to my previous settings with two "Belcanto Renderer-6"s. BubbleUPnP appears not to have liked the renaming.
28-03-2021, 10:55
Post a screenshot of your Bubbleupnpserver media renderer configuration page, it could be useful to better understand what’s going on
28-03-2021, 11:02
Thanks!

The attached are my current settings by which I see two "Belcanto Renderer-6"s in the LUMIN app.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)