Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General
25-03-2021, 11:04
RE: General
If you select the musical note icon in the top left corner of LDS, there is a menu with Album, Artist, ... and a final choice "Browse by Folder". Selecting "Browse by Folder" should give you something closer to the track display you want to see.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2021, 13:21
I did try loading the Ladysmith album from my share file into dBpoweramp and using the Edit Idtag function information was displayed but I didn't know what to do with that information or spot any obvious issues.

However, having just followed Simon's latest advice this might be the solution. Having clicked the 'Browse by Folder' option I opened the Ladysmith album and was greeted by a page showing just the first three tracks (although it said the first track had been modified or deleted) but if I then clicked the album information box at the bottom of the page a complete listing showing all tracks in correct numbered order appears! Although the final track on disc two has disappeared perhaps modified or deleted as per track 1 with all the messing around I've been doing.
I have attached further screenshots.
Flushed with the scent of possible success I opened another affected double CD (George Michael) and again the opening page showed the first three tracks but clicking in the album box at the bottom then revealed all tracks in correct numbered order with none missing this time.
I'm guessing if I hadn't mucked about with the Ladysmith album then the two missing tracks and album art would have been present using the Browse by Folder option to choose and play music.
I have attached two further screen shots.
A big, big thank you for helping with this problem. All I need to do now is find how to restore the two missing tracks in the Ladysmith album and reinstate the missing album art.

25-03-2021, 13:43
If you see "modified or deleted", this is MinimServer telling you that you need to do a MinimServer rescan.

For MinimServer running on the Melco, you can do the rescan from the Melco front panel by selecting Settings > Music Database > Rescan Songs and Playlists. The front panel will return after a few seconds saying "Finished". This message is very misleading as the rescan has not finished yet. From the front panel, select Status and scroll down to Music Database. When this shows Running, the rescan has finished.

After the rescan has finished, you need to select Refresh Cache in LDS to make the updates from the rescan available in LDS.

If you see anything that doesn't look right after doing the above, please post back here.
25-03-2021, 22:05
(25-03-2021 13:21)Oclem Wrote:  All I need to do now is find how to restore the two missing tracks in the Ladysmith album and reinstate the missing album art.

Embedding album art into audio files.

Using dbpoweramp 'Edit ID-tag' option on the appropriate album audio tracks, there are two options to add new album art, either 'Load from 'file' or 'Choose from Internet'. (see below)

Are the two missing audio tracks physically missing from the share folder?

Yes, then unless you have a backup, the CD will need to be ripped.

No, then they may appear 'missing' due to no tag values. dbpoweramp 'Edit ID-tag' option can add the appropriate tag values by copying them from other album audio tracks. Again, it may be easier to rip the CD.
25-03-2021, 23:33
Thanks again Alan.

As it happens I am just so delighted to finally have found, with the kind help of others, a solution to the problem of these double CD's that the matter of some missing album art feels like a minor inconvenience. I will look at this again in the near future with the comfort that if my efforts fail I can simply rip the CD again.

Phew!