Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Album Artwork Missing
25-05-2021, 16:58
Album Artwork Missing
I have been using Synology Media Server with my Synology NAS DS220+ and a Cambridge Audio CXN V2. I found that I could not see any content in the Media Library section of the Stream Magic App. Cambridge Audio suggested I install MinimServer on my NAS which I did and now I can see my Media Library and can select from Albums, Items, Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer, Folder View.
However, not all of the Album Artwork is visible.

My music library of 271 Albums was copied from the Music Media folder on my Mac and if I look in that folder on my Mac the album artwork is visible for all the albums. Note these are albums that are CDs that I ripped onto my Mac and whilst I can also use AirPlay to play to the CXN, I wanted a stand alone playing capability from the front panel of the CXN for my wife to use without the need for my Mac or iPhone to be needed.

I have MinimWatch installed and activated the Trial Licence but the only change I have made to the default configuration is to set indexArtwork=Auto in Properties>Advanced

Is there something else I need to do so that the artwork for all my albums is displayed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2021, 18:34
RE: Album Artwork Missing
(25-05-2021 16:58)Adrian992 Wrote:  My music library of 271 Albums was copied from the Music Media folder on my Mac and if I look in that folder on my Mac the album artwork is visible for all the albums.

Is there something else I need to do so that the artwork for all my albums is displayed?

Have you looked at the MinimServer user guide to Artwork to ensure that your album artwork can be recognised by MinimServer?
25-05-2021, 18:55 (This post was last modified: 25-05-2021 18:56 by Adrian992.)
(25-05-2021 18:34)Alandbush Wrote:  
(25-05-2021 16:58)Adrian992 Wrote:  My music library of 271 Albums was copied from the Music Media folder on my Mac and if I look in that folder on my Mac the album artwork is visible for all the albums.

Have you looked at the MinimServer user guide to Artwork to ensure that your album artwork can be recognised by MinimServer?

Yes thanks, I have but it's not exactly clear as to what to set in the MinimServer Properties.
All the album artwork is embedded in the music files rather than a separate jpg in the album folders, this was done when I first imported the CDs to my Mac with the import function in iTunes a few years ago.
25-05-2021, 20:25 (This post was last modified: 10-06-2021 22:10 by Peter StreamMagic.)
Quote:All the album artwork is embedded in the music files rather than a separate jpg in the album folders, this was done when I first imported the CDs to my Mac with the import function in iTunes a few years ago.

If I understand your problem correctly you can't see all album art on the display of your streamer.
Are you sure all artwork is embedded?
When you use the StreamMagic or Connect app does this show all/more album art?
25-05-2021, 21:36
(25-05-2021 20:25)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(25-05-2021 18:55)Adrian992 Wrote:  
(25-05-2021 18:34)Alandbush Wrote:  

Yes thanks, I have but it's not exactly clear as to what to set in the MinimServer Properties.
All the album artwork is embedded in the music files rather than a separate jpg in the album folders, this was done when I first imported the CDs to my Mac with the import function in iTunes a few years ago.

If I understand your problem correctly you can't see all album art on the display of your streamer.
Are you sure all artwork is embedded?
When you use the StreamMagic or Connect app does this show all/more album art?

Yes it is all embedded there are no separate jpg files, I can see some of the album artwork on both the display of the CXN and the Stream Magic App, the artwork displayed is for the same albums in both instances.
25-05-2021, 22:30
Please do not quote a long chain of previous posts when replying. This makes the forum hard to read. It is simple to use the "New Reply" button instead of the "Reply" button to prevent this from happening. If you really need to quote a previous post, you should edit your reply to ensure only that post is quoted.

This kind of problem is sometimes caused by the artwork file being too large for the control point or renderer.
26-05-2021, 13:15 (This post was last modified: 26-05-2021 16:51 by Peter StreamMagic.)
In this case the OP can try apps like MConnect or Kazoo just to find out artwork files are to large, I guess?
I think it might be wise to use a tag editor and find out embedded artwork is present.
I am not sure but I think iTunes automatic downloads artwork if not present, it might be possible not all all artwork is copied to the NAS.
The ancestor of the CXN the SM6 (also players from other brands) do not play at all when offered to large files, no guarantee the CXN reacts the same way though.