Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple set up for server on a Synolgy 418 play
15-03-2021, 11:26
Simple set up for server on a Synolgy 418 play
Hi
Please don't take this the wrong way as I'm totally out of my depth here - just a basic elderly person trying to understand then install and use the server.

I'm attempting to use a Synology 418 and Minimserver to access my music folder and stream to my Denon AVR and then my speakers.

I can do this via Emby server on the nas and by Synology's music server. However neither server accesses all my music.

I'm therefore trying to use the Minim server- here's the "But"! Frankly I just cannot follow the installation procedures. So much text to read, I really don't whether it will even work with a trial version.

I paraphrase here but installation text and simple guide uses such phrases as - " depends what version you have", "only works on the bought version not the trial." " Install something on another other device" "upgrade from earlier version" "upgrade Minimumwatch 2" and so on.

Is there simple step by step guide ( e.g. with bullet points) to say how to install and use the Trial version?

If you consider I'm too dense to use this, that's ok but please be polite in your responses. And please use the KISS principles.

I'm elderly, yes - and still competent in most areas, but not with this!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2021, 14:24
RE: Simple set up for server on a Synolgy 418 play
To get up and running with MinimServer, follow the steps in this section. You can ignore steps 1, 2 and 9 as these are only relevant if you have updated MinimServer from an earlier version.
15-03-2021, 17:14
(15-03-2021 14:24)simoncn Wrote:  To get up and running with MinimServer, follow the steps in this section. You can ignore steps 1, 2 and 9 as these are only relevant if you have updated MinimServer from an earlier version.

Thanks, by the way- the first url produce error code 404
15-03-2021, 17:52
I am not seeing a 404. Which URL is this?
15-03-2021, 18:01
The first one in your response
15-03-2021, 20:18
If you mean the link named "this section", it is working fine for me.