Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BubbleUPNP Server/MinimServer/FFMPEG
21-03-2021, 18:17
RE: BubbleUPNP Server/MinimServer/FFMPEG
(21-03-2021 17:52)bubbleguuum Wrote:  
(21-03-2021 12:45)philiph Wrote:  
(21-03-2021 10:28)lyapounov Wrote:  Pity BubbleUPNP is not ported on DSM 7 ...
I know you can use docker; but it would be better to not add layers of complexity !

Not a problem yet for me as DSM 7.0 is only in pre-release, hopefully it will come along soon.

For now and for the foreseable future, the method to run BubbleUPnP Server on DSM 7 is via Docker, using the new multi-platform images that I just made with a lot of care put into them.
Synology really dropped the ball breaking package compatibility from DSM 6 to 7. Not only that, but if I wanted to make a DSM 7 package, I need to buy a new NAS because if I update my existing DSM 6 one, I would not be able to test the DSM 6 package on it...

That's a shame I would certainly prefer a native installation, but perhaps this will change when DSM 7 is eventually installed. Since Bubble is now working fine on my DSM 6.2, and MinimServer will run on DSM 7.0 what would your route to 7 be? My inclination is to delay installing 7 until it is well proven - which could be quite while yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2021, 11:28
(21-03-2021 17:52)bubbleguuum Wrote:  For now and for the foreseable future, the method to run BubbleUPnP Server on DSM 7 is via Docker, using the new multi-platform images that I just made with a lot of care put into them.
Synology really dropped the ball breaking package compatibility from DSM 6 to 7. Not only that, but if I wanted to make a DSM 7 package, I need to buy a new NAS because if I update my existing DSM 6 one, I would not be able to test the DSM 6 package on it...

Unfortunately, Docker is not available on my Synology with DSM7 (DS418Play).

Well, I could offer you to test on one of my Synology which is equipped with DSM7, if you wish...
25-03-2021, 15:51
(24-03-2021 11:28)lyapounov Wrote:  
(21-03-2021 17:52)bubbleguuum Wrote:  For now and for the foreseable future, the method to run BubbleUPnP Server on DSM 7 is via Docker, using the new multi-platform images that I just made with a lot of care put into them.

Unfortunately, Docker is not available on my Synology with DSM7 (DS418Play).

Well, I could offer you to test on one of my Synology which is equipped with DSM7, if you wish...

@lyapounov

Apparently, Docker can be installed on unsupported models. A user in the comments of this page mention installing it on a DS418Play (although that was 2 years ago and on DSM6):

https://tylermade.net/2017/09/28/how-to-...ology-nas/

That's the page for the latest Docker packages (.spk):

https://archive.synology.com/download/Package/Docker

You could try installing the latest spk using the method described.