Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Often Linn Kazoo cannot see MinimServer
16-03-2021, 17:17
RE: Often Linn Kazoo cannot see MinimServer
I performed the steps you asked for. I attached the log file. Note: I inserted marks embedded in === at the places where I did something or where the visible status of MinimWatch changed.

.zip  MinimWatch.log.zip (Size: 7.8 KB / Downloads: 2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2021, 18:49
Thanks for this log. Unfortunately it seems that it was not produced with the MinimWatch ohnet.debug property set to All (see step 2 of my last post). The debug information from ohNet is required for me to see what is happening.

To add this setting, select Options > Properties (watch), set the ohnet.debug property to All and click OK. After this, please run the complete test again.
17-03-2021, 09:44
My apologies. To see the ohNet messages, it is necessary to copy the minimwatch.log file from the ~/Library/MinimWatch folder. These messages don't appear in the MinimWatch log window. I should have explained this in my earlier post.
17-03-2021, 17:32
OK, I still have the log and attach it here (truncated, so it has the same time range as my first log file).

.zip  minimwatch2.log.zip (Size: 35.72 KB / Downloads: 1)
17-03-2021, 19:21 (This post was last modified: 17-03-2021 19:21 by simoncn.)
Thanks for this. When you do the refresh, MinimWatch sends a multicast M-SEARCH message to all devices. No response is received, so MinimWatch assumes that MinimServer is no longer running.

Later, MinimServer sends an "alive" multicast message and MinimWatch reinstates the white icon.

This shows that your network is handling "alive" multicast messages correctly but it is either blocking M-SEARCH messages sent by MinimWatch or it is blocking the responses to these messages sent by MinimServer. To find out which of these it is, I will need to see a similar log produced on the server side while the refresh is happening.
18-03-2021, 10:59
Thank you very much for helping me with this problem! Excellent support.

Here the log of the MinimServer with first a Refresh and then a Rescan performed from MinimWatch:

.zip  minimserver.log.zip (Size: 217.46 KB / Downloads: 1)
18-03-2021, 11:53
Thanks for this log. Unfortunately, it doesn't contain the ohNet messages. Was this log saved from the log window? To see the ohNet messages, it is necessary to copy the minimserver.log file from the ~/Library/MinimServer folder.
18-03-2021, 14:32
I don't know why it does not contain the ohNet messages. I did set ohnet.debug to All on the system pane of minimserver properties and I did copy the the minimserver.log file from the ~/Library/MinimServer folder. Maybe it is because I did not exit from MinimServer and restarted if anew. So I did that now.

Find attached the minimserver.log file. It contains the complete log from start of minimserver, the refresh from minimwatch, tray icon of minimwatch becoming grey and tray icon becoming white again.

.zip  minimserver.log.zip (Size: 204.71 KB / Downloads: 1)
18-03-2021, 15:36 (This post was last modified: 18-03-2021 15:37 by simoncn.)
Thanks for this. It does contain the ohNet messages and it shows that the M-SEARCH multicast messages sent by MinimWatch are not being received by MinimServer. Is there a firewall or antivirus software on the Mac mini that could be blocking these messages?
19-03-2021, 15:02
No, there is no firewall activated or antivirus software installed, neither on the minimserver nor on the minimwatch machine.