Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help...subnet and rescan issue..drive mapping
23-02-2021, 19:11
RE: Please help...subnet and rescan issue..drive mapping
There is a step-by-step quick start guide on this page and a step-by-step installation guide on this page.

As you will see from this section, you don't need to download MinimServer to your Windows PC. You can install it directly to your NAS using the QNAP App Center.

If you run into a problem with any of the steps, please post which step caused the problem and exactly what happened when you tried the step.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2021, 11:50
I'm going to give it a go but I think this is really fiendishly complex for software that you want to charge for. It is pages of complex instructions for something that should be much easier, more intuitive and less cranky.
24-02-2021, 12:30
There are a few reasons why it is complex. Recent QNAP models can install MinimServer 2 from the QNAP App Center but QNAP has refused to provide this capability for older models. This means the instructions on the installation page need to cover new models (simpler) and old models (more complex) as well as needing to cover both doing a new installation and updating an existing installation.

I think the installation page could be made easier to read by reorganising it so that the simpler instructions for recent models (including your TS-128A) come first and the complex instructions for older models come later. I will work on this today and post back here when the updated page is available.
24-02-2021, 13:25
(24-02-2021 11:50)sam Wrote:  I'm going to give it a go but I think this is really fiendishly complex for software that you want to charge for. It is pages of complex instructions for something that should be much easier, more intuitive and less cranky.

Wow! This is the first time I have read a complaint about comprehensive download and installation instructions. Especially, as they cover a whole range of units of varying ages.
24-02-2021, 13:37
The updated page is there now. I hope this makes it clearer how to do a new installation of MinimServer 2 on a TS-128A.
25-02-2021, 20:23
Many thanks for your attention to this Simon. I've been preoccupied but will give it another go.

(24-02-2021 13:37)simoncn Wrote:  The updated page is there now. I hope this makes it clearer how to do a new installation of MinimServer 2 on a TS-128A.