Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannot install minimwatch
20-02-2021, 12:29
Hi,
I've successfully installed minimserver 2 on my Synology NAS and verified it works by accessing it via the Synology Audio Centre, which is rather clumsy for general use. I attempted to install MinimWatch on my Win 10 PC and hit the following issues.

1. The download page fails when I use my regular browser (Palemoon, a Firefox variant).
2. I was able to download using Chrome but the install failed being unable to open the .jar file
3. I downloaded and installed Java from the Oracle site. After this, neither chrome nor firefox could complete the installation.
4. I tried opening the downloaded installer with Internet Explorer. This got as far as attempting to open the jar file but failed at that hurdle.
5. I attempted to redownload the installer with Internet Explorer. This failed with an error 3.
6. I attempted to redownload with firefox (latest version). This succeeded but the installer failed again attempting to unpack a jar file.

I am completely out of ideas. For what it is worth, the installer page will only offer me the 2.08 version.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2021, 13:52
RE: cannot install minimwatch
There are detailed instructions for installing MinimWatch on Windows on this page.

The error you are are seeing means that Windows doesn't have the correct association for .jar files. You can add this association by using the Jarfix program as described in step 7 of the installation instructions.
20-02-2021, 16:43
RE: cannot install minimwatch
(20-02-2021 13:52)simoncn Wrote:  There are detailed instructions for installing MinimWatch on Windows on this page.

The error you are are seeing means that Windows doesn't have the correct association for .jar files. You can add this association by using the Jarfix program as described in step 7 of the installation instructions.
Thank you for the prompt reply. I somehow missed step 7 and didn't think of it independently because I had assumed the Java installer would fix that. Silly me - it comes from Oracle.

For the record everything now works fine with foobar2000 as the control point minimserver as the server and local hardware as the playback device. Next stage is to get it to output to the Heos soundbar under my TV.