Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch 0.72 stays grey on Windows 7
02-05-2013, 19:25
MinimWatch 0.72 stays grey on Windows 7
MinimServer 0.72 is working properly on my ARM QNAP. MinimWatch 0.72 is working fine on my Windows 8 desktop PC. My problem is that MinimWatch 0.72 stays grey on the family Windows 7 laptop. Can't think of anything special about the laptop - connecting wirelessly to a single subnet over IPv4. Wireless is working properly as I can log on to the NAS (and post this message) from the laptop.

Any advice on troubleshooting welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 22:16 (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 22:17 by simoncn.)
RE: MinimWatch 0.72 stays grey on Windows 7
(02-05-2013 19:25)JimR Wrote:  MinimServer 0.72 is working properly on my ARM QNAP. MinimWatch 0.72 is working fine on my Windows 8 desktop PC. My problem is that MinimWatch 0.72 stays grey on the family Windows 7 laptop. Can't think of anything special about the laptop - connecting wirelessly to a single subnet over IPv4. Wireless is working properly as I can log on to the NAS (and post this message) from the laptop.

Any advice on troubleshooting welcome.

If you install and run Kinsky on the Windows 7 laptop, is it able to see MinimServer over the wireless connection?

If you can see MinimServer from Kinsky, try disabling the Windows firewall to see if that helps with MinimWatch.
03-05-2013, 16:53
Simon, as ever, thank you for offering support.

I took a day off work today in order to trial some PC repair 'tools' before travelling to my buddy's house tomorrow to, hopefully, fix his PC for him. And guess what? I trashed the family laptop. So I've just spent the afternoon rebuilding it with windows 8. And now MinimWatch is working.

Wot a Wally!
03-05-2013, 17:33
(03-05-2013 16:53)JimR Wrote:  Simon, as ever, thank you for offering support.

I took a day off work today in order to trial some PC repair 'tools' before travelling to my buddy's house tomorrow to, hopefully, fix his PC for him. And guess what? I trashed the family laptop. So I've just spent the afternoon rebuilding it with windows 8. And now MinimWatch is working.

Wot a Wally!

Thanks for letting me know, and sorry to hear about your 'repair' disaster. I hope you didn't lose anything important.