Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim as a tone control!
09-02-2021, 19:24
Minim as a tone control!
Hi comrades,
I know it is sort of possible, but I am not the brightest Minim user. Can anybody develop this idea:

Background - it is rumoured that Linn are moving to phase out their Konfig app and also do away with the SO1 optimisation preferring SO2 which can be configured through a browser.

I use SO1 with my Linn streamer, simply to provide a dip around 3kHz which my ears/room/system require.

Now if one day I am not longer able to make these adjustments, what is the simple route to getting Minim to do this job without, hopefully, affecting SQ detrimentally?

Can somebody provide some simple instructions in the form of:
Download this file, put it in this folder, and type this into such-and-such Properties slots.

A bid ask, but for the right person, maybe not so! Anyone successfully use this approach?

Cheers

Donuk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2021, 20:13 (This post was last modified: 09-02-2021 20:14 by Alandbush.)
RE: Minim as a tone control!
(09-02-2021 19:24)Donuk Wrote:  Now if one day I am not longer able to make these adjustments, what is the simple route to getting Minim to do this job without, hopefully, affecting SQ detrimentally?

Can somebody provide some simple instructions in the form of:
Download this file, put it in this folder, and type this into such-and-such Properties slots.

You can't get away with it that easily. Big Grin
You need some understanding. Idea

There's the Convolution section in the user guide.

Then you could browse this thread, one of many on convolution.

I probably should leave this next bit for someone with practical experience.
However, I suspect REW would be used to generate your 3kHz filter to an impulse wav file, I.e. the file referred to in the convOut property.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply