Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting of albums
24-01-2021, 19:20
Sorting of albums
Hello,

I am using MinimServer in combination with BubbleUPnP server & BubbleUPnP control point. In the BubbleUPnP app, I encountered the following:

* If I sort by "title", then BubbleUPnP sorts by the "ALBUM" tag, even though it would be more logical to sort by "ALBUMSORT". The BubbleUPnP maintainer explained to me that this is because the ALBUMSORT tag is not sent via the XML metadata, since it is not part of the standard. I presume there is no way for MinimServer to work around this, but I still wanted to bring it up, since it seems such an odd choice in the standard to omit "SORT" versions of the tags?

* If I use "default sort" in BubbleUPnP then things are fine when I connect to MinimServer 0.8 (i.e., albums are sorted by ALBUMSORT), but not when I connect to MinimServer 2. I realize now that this is because of the configuration of "itemTags" and/or "tagValue" in the server properties, which I have set in version 0.8. Do I understand correctly that in MinimServer 2 those are options I can only set in the licensed version?

Many thanks!

Erik
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2021, 19:56
RE: Sorting of albums
The BubbleUPnP maintainer is correct about this. The workaround is to use "default sort" so that the sort order sent to the control point by MinimServer (using AlbumSort values) appears in BubbleUPnP.

In MinimServer 2, you need to purchase a full license if you want to change the settings for tagValue and itemTags.
24-01-2021, 20:10
RE: Sorting of albums
(24-01-2021 19:56)simoncn Wrote:  The BubbleUPnP maintainer is correct about this. The workaround is to use "default sort" so that the sort order sent to the control point by MinimServer (using AlbumSort values) appears in BubbleUPnP.

In MinimServer 2, you need to purchase a full license if you want to change the settings for tagValue and itemTags.

Thank you for the quick response. Very helpful.

Erik