Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrying monitor subscription for server at 192......
18-01-2021, 16:39
Smile Retrying monitor subscription for server at 192......
Hi,

I am trying MinimServer 2.0.12 update 179 on my QNAP NAS and the application on the NAS is running.

MinimWatch 2.0.8 seems to find the instance of MinimServer running on the NAS but give repeating error messages "Retrying monitor subscription for server at 192.XXX.X.XX:9791 and that's about it.

Please help me understand why Watch isn't connecting to Server.

Joe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2021, 17:08
RE: Retrying monitor subscription for server at 192......
The connection is being blocked by your firewall. If you are running MinimWatch on Windows, you need to allow Java to accept inbound connections and you need to make sure your home network is defined as private.
18-01-2021, 17:32
RE: Retrying monitor subscription for server at 192......
(18-01-2021 17:08)simoncn Wrote:  The connection is being blocked by your firewall. If you are running MinimWatch on Windows, you need to allow Java to accept inbound connections and you need to make sure your home network is defined as private.

Simon, thanks for the tip. Windows Defender was set to prevent notifications when a program was being blocked. Setting Defender to provide notifications popped up a window that offered me the option of letting the program through on my private network.

Working as it should.