Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco N100
10-01-2021, 17:40
Melco N100
I just purchased a Melco N100 server. The dealer installed MinimServer 2 for me. I am interfacing with a iPad running iOS 13.7. TwonkyServer on the N100 works fine. I have not been able to get MinimServer to work. Do I need to install MinimServer on the iPad, if so, how do I that, I do not find an iOS version on your website.

Thanks,

ceulrich
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2021, 19:39
RE: Melco N100
You don't need to install MinimServer on any other device. On the Melco front panel, navigate to Settings > Music Database > Media Server App and select MinimServer.

When you select MinimServer, TwonkyServer will be disabled. You can't have both TwonkyServer and MinimServer running at the same time.
11-01-2021, 13:10
Hi Ceulrich
Simon, as ever, has given you the answer very promptly.

Congrats on your new box, the Melco N100. All I would add is that if you are still having difficulties in setting it up, I think it reasonable to go to your dealer and ask him to help you out. I am sure he/she would be only too happy.

Donuk beautiful downtown York
11-01-2021, 16:54
Thank you Simoncn and Donuk.

I have been working for many weeks to understand MinimServer and to get it work. I have been working with my dealer by e-mail, since he is hundreds of miles away, and he suggested to download MinimServer to the iPad. I could not find a way to do that. So, I thought I would go to the source. I have a lot of questions, but let me start with just one.

When I switch the N100 over to MinimServer, the MinimServer icon comes up on my iPad and it is light green, so I assume it was installed on the N100 correctly. If I tap on that icon, a folder icon with the words “[folder view]” come up. If I tap on that icon, three more folder icons come up, one with the word “Expansion”, a second with the word “Expansion 2” and the third with the word “share.” If I tap on any of those I get another folder icon with the words “>> Tag View”, and I can continue tapping down a rabbit hole. I never seem to get to the actual music files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ceulrich
11-01-2021, 17:40
It sounds like you need to rescan your library. I suspect MinimServer has been installed on the Melco previously before the Melco was populated with music files and MinimServer is using a cached copy of the library information from that previous occasion.

To do the rescan, go to Settings > Music Database and select Rescan Songs and Playlists. The first scan will take a long time because MinimServer is building its cache. After this, you will need to rescan each time you add music and this will be much quicker.

To check the progress of the scan, select Status from the front panel and scroll down to Music Database. When the Music Database line shows Running, the scan is complete.
11-01-2021, 19:05
Thanks, simoncn, that fixed my problem!

I am going to work some more with MinimServer, before I ask any more questions.

Cheers,

ceulrich