Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAS Connection Refused
10-01-2021, 15:27
NAS Connection Refused
When installing, trying to put the software on my NAS, I get a message that the NAS refused to connect after typing http://x.x.x.x:9790 into my browser. Can anyone help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2021, 18:03
RE: NAS Connection Refused
The x.x.x.x should be replaced with the IP address of the device running MinimServer.
10-01-2021, 19:10
(10-01-2021 18:03)simoncn Wrote:  The x.x.x.x should be replaced with the IP address of the device running MinimServer.

Yes, I put the IP address of the NAS that I wanted to run minimserver on. I also tried putting in the IP address of the mesh router. In both cases I received the error message that the device at the IP address i used refused to connect.
10-01-2021, 19:42
It sounds like MinimServer is not running on the NAS. Which NAS is it? How did you install MinimServer?
10-01-2021, 20:03
(10-01-2021 19:42)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like MinimServer is not running on the NAS. Which NAS is it? How did you install MinimServer?

I am not able to install the MinimServer on the NAS because of the error. It is a WD MyCloudEX2Ultra.
10-01-2021, 20:46
This NAS is not currently supported by MinimServer. It is possible that it might be supported at some time in the future.
10-01-2021, 21:11
(10-01-2021 20:46)simoncn Wrote:  This NAS is not currently supported by MinimServer. It is possible that it might be supported at some time in the future.

Wish I knew before paying license fee. There is no option for the 30 day trial. Is it possible that you will refund my $39?
11-01-2021, 15:13
As it was not clearly stated on the license purchase page that your NAS is not supported by MinimServer, I have cancelled your license and issued a full refund.

I will update the license purchase page to refer to the list of supported NAS types so that other users don't have the same problem.
11-01-2021, 15:15
(11-01-2021 15:13)simoncn Wrote:  As it was not clearly stated on the license purchase page that your NAS is not supported by MinimServer, I have cancelled your license and issued a full refund.

I will update the license purchase page to refer to the list of supported NAS types so that other users don't have the same problem.

Thank you. You have been very helpful.