Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcoding flac -> wav on docker-MinimServer
10-01-2021, 14:55
Transcoding flac -> wav on docker-MinimServer
I use a second MinimServer with docker on a QNAP. Now I wanted to transcode flac on the fly to wav as I do on my first MinimServer. But after I installed MinimStreamer there is a fault because there is no stream-converter installed. To write "ffmpeg" into that field doesn't resolve the problem. What can I do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2021, 18:15 (This post was last modified: 10-01-2021 19:33 by simoncn.)
RE: Transcoding flac -> wav on docker-MinimServer
You could copy a suitable version of ffmpeg into the /share/MinimServer/opt/bin directory on the QNAP, then open a terminal window for the Docker container to copy this file from /MinimServer/opt/bin to /opt/minimserver/opt/bin. This needs to be an ffmpeg static binary executable for Linux. You can't use the ffmpeg executable that is included with QNAP QTS.
13-01-2021, 15:08
Hello Simon,

my knowledge about Linux and docker isn't enough to understand your advice. I tried to get it sorted by google but wasn't successful. It is possible you or someone else give me some more hints? For example how to get a terminal window open on a docker? Have I to install a new container? ...

Best regards
Reinhard
13-01-2021, 18:00
On the Overview page of Container Station, on the line for Docker minimserver-1, there is a symbol >_ near the right-hand side. If you mouse over this, you get a tooltip saying Terminal. Click this symbol to show a dialog saying Run Command. Type /bin/sh in the Command field (it is already shown there as a hint) and click OK. This opens a terminal window for your existing Docker minimserver-1 container.