Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albumartistsort bandname with ","
09-01-2021, 09:54 (This post was last modified: 09-01-2021 09:55 by Reinibert.)
Albumartistsort bandname with ","
Hello,

I have a problem with names for bands with a "," in it with using "Albumartistsort". For Example "Crosby, Stills & Nash". How can I tag it the way to get "Crosby, Stills & Nash" and not "Stills & Nash Crosby"?

Thanks
Reinibert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2021, 14:59 (This post was last modified: 09-01-2021 15:00 by simbun.)
RE: Albumartistsort bandname with ","
Typically you'd have the tag:
Code:
AlbumArtist: Crosby, Stills & Nash
By default this would be the value that MinimServer uses for display, index and sort purposes.

If you wanted it sorted differently you'd populate the AlbumArtistSort field, and use the following syntax in tagValue:
Code:
AlbumArtist.value.sort={AlbumArtistSort}
With this option in affect you'd see "Crosby, Stills & Nash" in your index list, but it would be sorted by whatever value you had in ArtistAlbumSort.

We don't really have enough information to tell what's going on here, it looks like you're using .reverseName, but to confirm could you let us know the values you have for AlbumArtist and AlbumArtistSort and any settings you've applied in tagOptions, tagValue and tagFormat.
09-01-2021, 15:33
In addition to the information provided by @simbun, you may also be interested in the User guide section Using the reverseName option. This describes how you could manage the exceptions such as you have detailed.

Link here Tag values and scroll down to the above mentioned section.
09-01-2021, 16:05 (This post was last modified: 09-01-2021 18:54 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(09-01-2021 09:54)Reinibert Wrote:  Hello,

I have a problem with names for bands with a "," in it with using "Albumartistsort". For Example "Crosby, Stills & Nash". How can I tag it the way to get "Crosby, Stills & Nash" and not "Stills & Nash Crosby"?

Thanks
Reinibert

Just out of curiosity and not a solution for your problem : why do you use “,” for CSN / Crosby , Stills & Nash?
09-01-2021, 18:34
Please post your full settings for tagOptions, tagValue and tagFormat. Also, do you have Crosby, Stills & Nash as the value for AlbumArtist, AlbumArtistSort or both of these?
10-01-2021, 14:47
Hello Simon,

here are my settings:

tagOptions:
COMPOSERSORT2.reverseName.index.display,Albumartist.ignore.sort={The},Artist.ign​ore.sort={The}, date.yearOnly.index, Album.sortTags={Albumartistsort, +Date, Composition, Album, Conductorsort},Albumartistsort.reverseName.display.index,Solistsort.reverseName.​display.index,Conductorsort.reverseName.display.index

tagValue: is empty

tagFormat:
Artist.displayFormat={$soloists$chorus$orchestra$conductor^^^ | }, Title.displayFormat ={$title$#AudioDuration}

I have Crosby, Stills & Nash or Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young for AlbumArtist and AlbumArtistSort.

(09-01-2021 18:34)simoncn Wrote:  Please post your full settings for tagOptions, tagValue and tagFormat. Also, do you have Crosby, Stills & Nash as the value for AlbumArtist, AlbumArtistSort or both of these?
10-01-2021, 18:00
Why are you using reverseName? It is not needed for Crosby, Stills & Nash. Do you have other tag values formatted as lastname, firstname that require reverseName? If you do have such tag values, are they Albumartist values, Albumartistsort values or both of these?
13-01-2021, 14:59
Hello Simon,

I use Albumartistsort because I like the order by lastname and I like to use multipple Albumartists. As I understand it that this is not possible with Albumartist but with Albumartistsort. For example the record from "Santana" and "John McLauglin" "Love devotion surrender". I think both of them are Albumartists. So my text intp Mp3Tag for Albumartist is "Carlos Santana & John McLaughlin" but for AlbumartistSort it is "Santana, Carlos\\McLaughlin, John". So there are two fields AlbumartistSort. This way I tagged some more albums.

Best regards
Reinhard
13-01-2021, 16:53 (This post was last modified: 13-01-2021 17:44 by simoncn.)
Thanks for explaing this. With your tagging scheme, I think the only solution is to use Crosby Stills & Nash (with no comma) for AlbumArtistSort. Alternatively, you could use a Unicode comma (for example, this character) in place of the regular comma.