Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thank you and some questions...
31-01-2012, 13:50
RE: thank you and some questions...
(31-01-2012 11:07)simoncn Wrote:  I see these duplicate entries myself, and they're created because the Artist name selection displays subcontainers for "xx items", "xx albums", and one or more tags. If the controller is dumb (see above), it creates duplicates for the contents of all these subcontainers.

One more thought: it's easy to avoid this problem. Select the artist name that you want, which opens a page with "xx items", "xx albums", and one or more tags. Then select "Play All" for either the "xx items" or "xx albums" selection on that page. You'll get alphabetical sorting if you go via "xx items" and you'll get album/track sorting if you go via "xx albums".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2012, 02:32
RE: thank you and some questions...
Really thanks for all the comment! Smile And I think I understand. For each server and controller combination, there may be some workaround for some operation, and there is always limitation. For example, if there is no duplicated listing under a Artist branch, in PlugPlayer, let's say I have 26 artists, names from A to Z. In PlugPlayer, I can select "Select" at the Artist level, and select artist A, D, M, and S, to listen to all song from these 4 artists, in 1 go. But in your example, I need to do multiple selection under each of the 4 artists for this operation. The discussion is endless! There is always pro and con in this "dumb" system...

While a better server side browsing is always welcome, my current ideal setup is a "dumb" server with a full "search" support, then a really smart controller which can do most of the work, and let user to customize to whatever each preference...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply