Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genre missing in home scren
04-01-2021, 16:59
Genre missing in home scren
Hi,
I have set up MinimServer some time ago with few dozens of my ripped CD's to check how it works with Google Chromecast and Lumin player that I took for a test.
All of the albums are displayed in folders but for some reason GENRE folder is missing although it is set up within indexTags. The folder doesn't show up in Windows' network locations and in both DLNA renderers I have checked ( Bubble UNPN and HiFi Cast ) Strangely though, the same data base set up from within Twonky shows genre, also Lumin's android software shows genre. Am I missing somethng or doing something wrong ? I will apppreciate yor help - genre is the most important tag for me while searching music.

Thanks

Rafal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2021, 23:15
RE: Genre missing in home scren
Do all your files have the same genre? If so, MinimServer will not show a Genre index because it would have only one available selection.
05-01-2021, 00:03
RE: Genre missing in home scren
(04-01-2021 23:15)simoncn Wrote:  Do all your files have the same genre? If so, MinimServer will not show a Genre index because it would have only one available selection.
Simon !
Couldn't have been simpler Smile. Indeed, I started ripping CD's from my top shelf with classical music and actually did not bother with tagging them more precisely just to begin with. I have just tagged 1 album differently and it did the trick Smile
Thank you for your help.

Rafal