Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer not working after cloning hard drive
17-12-2020, 03:34
MinimServer not working after cloning hard drive
I cloned the hard drive on my main computer that holds the minimwatch and a copy of minim server. All of a sudden, I can't access my Melco server using my Asus tablet remote with BubbleUPNP. When I double click MinimServer, I don't see my liscense anymore and also the location of the Melco is now a blank box and I don't know what URL location to input. Do I need to download and reinstall MinimServer on the computer. I just updated the Melco N1Z/2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2020, 08:57
RE: MinimServer not working after cloning hard drive
The location (IP address) of the Melco is shown on the front panel of the Melco. If no IP address is shown there, this means your Melco does not have a network connection. A network failure could explain the other problems you are seeing. As a first step, I suggest you power the Melco off and on again. If this doesn't help, power off all your devices including your network router and any switches, then power them on again.

Cloning the hard drive can cause problems with MinimServer. Please explain exactly what you have done with the cloned copy and the original copy of the hard drive. For example, are these two hard drives in different computers that are both running at the same time, have you replaced the original hard drive with the cloned copy?
18-12-2020, 02:29
I replaced the original drive with the cloned drive. I forgot to mention that I do see the Melco in the network and am able to open the files with file explorer. I will reinstall the IP address of the Melco and see what happens.
18-12-2020, 09:58
I ma not quite sure from your post whether there is a problem with MinimServer running on the Melco. To make sure all is OK with this, you can do a reset as follows.

To reset MinimServer on the Melco, use the Melco front panel to select Settings > Music Database > Media Server App. Set this to Off, then select Settings > Music Database > Media Server App again and set this to MinimServer.

Now select Settings > Music Database > Configure MinimServer. You should see something like this:

Visit Configuration Page:
http://192.168.0.33:9790

Type this address into a web browser to confirm that MinimServer is running.

If any of the above steps don't work, please provide details.

Cloning the hard drive on your computer to a replacement drive should be OK if it is an exact-bit-for-bit copy. If MinimServer is not runnng on your computer after doing this, please post screenshots showng the problem.
18-12-2020, 20:58
Reset MinimServer on the Melco per your instructions and everything seems to be working OK now. Thanks for the help.