Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Missing
08-12-2020, 21:44 (This post was last modified: 10-12-2020 00:05 by mdp.)
Music Missing
Dear Simon,

Running Minimserver2 full licence lateist version on a Synology DS1819+ 8x8tb hdd in shr2 I come across a odd problem. (large database about 10.000 albums)

Yesterday I couldn't find an album in my scanned music folder. Files are there, in folder mode the Albumart is also shown. But Minimserver didn't see the musicfiles.

I stopped and restarted, moved the whole albumfolder to a other directory, rescaned, changed meta data, rescanned.

Deleted the whole directory, Nothing helps. Music isn't found.
It looks as if the whole folder is banned.
Rename track 1 copyed track 1 from the album of my Melco N1z where Minim did found this album, re scanned. No result.

Yours Michiel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2020, 22:05
RE: Music Missing
Have you checked the MinimServer log for warning messages? You can do this with MinimWatch or you can look at the minimserver.log file in the MinimServer/appData shared folder.

As the files are there in folder view, the problem could be related to tagging. Perhaps the files are not indexed where you expect but somewhere else.
09-12-2020, 21:18 (This post was last modified: 09-12-2020 21:21 by mdp.)
(08-12-2020 22:05)simoncn Wrote:  Have you checked the MinimServer log for warning messages? You can do this with MinimWatch or you can look at the minimserver.log file in the MinimServer/appData shared folder.

As the files are there in folder view, the problem could be related to tagging. Perhaps the files are not indexed where you expect but somewhere else.

Checked log, before I started this Tread. It isn't in the shown in the logfile.
Yesterday I created a new folder and copied the files from my Melco N1z also running the same Minimserver2 version in which this album is Scanned correctly, to the new folder.

Rescanned, files were not found. It looks as if the files itself are banned. I didn't change the filenames of the missing music tough.
09-12-2020, 21:24
How can I perform a complete new scan. Deleting all the data from scratch?
09-12-2020, 22:53
How can I check how many more albums are skipped?
09-12-2020, 22:58
Searched on album name also, on the Melco Minimserver2 with exact copy of the same album, music is found at the excepted place. It looks as if the files are blacklisted some how.
09-12-2020, 23:35 (This post was last modified: 09-12-2020 23:37 by simoncn.)
(09-12-2020 21:24)mdp Wrote:  How can I perform a complete new scan. Deleting all the data from scratch?

On the Advanced tab of the Properties window (use MinimWatch to see this), set the startupScan property to full, then do a rescan. This is unlikely to help with files that are missing. It can sometimes help with files that are found but have incorrect tag information.

Please use MinimWatch to compare your property settings on the Synology with your property settings on the Melco. Are there any differences?

From your earlier post, I had assumed that you are seeing the files when you browse using [folder view] mode on the Synology. Reading this again, I am not sure about this. Please confirm.
09-12-2020, 23:49
No, in [folder vieuw] only the albumart is shown
09-12-2020, 23:53
What is the filetype of these files (for example, .flac, .wav, .mp3, etc.)?
09-12-2020, 23:56
[folder view] does not show folders that don't contain any audio files. I don't understand how you could see album art for a folder without also seeing audio files in the folder.