Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacOS client/controller/player?
08-12-2020, 11:06
MacOS client/controller/player?
Hi
Currently evaluation Audirvana on my mac (Mini M1) with the music stored locally. I have a Fiio K5 Pro connected to this mac.
I'm interested in moving all my Music (MP3, FLAC, and a minor number of DSD) to another mac (Mini 2014), and then installing MinimServer. I need some more intelligent lookup/browsing on my IOS devices. It seems that it's not a problem to find IOS clients that works (well).
But can i skip my Audirvana and find a player for the mac the has the same player (quality) capabilities, and can use the features from MinimServer?

br Lars
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2020, 11:19
RE: MacOS client/controller/player?
I left Audirvana for a MPD/upnp solution and I have no regrets.
I have got a raspberry pi4 4gb, installed RoPieee XL and enabled Upnp/DLNA.
On iOS devices I use Lumïn app that works really fine with Minimserver (you just need to install Bubbleupnpserver next to Minimserver to give Lumïn app full compatibility).
09-12-2020, 17:03
Ok, but how does this get your music to play on the Mac, and by this replaces Audirvana?
09-12-2020, 17:14
Just connect the raspberry to the dac, select you music from you control point and play it on raspberry through the dac ... Audirvana is no more necessary
10-12-2020, 16:28
To play music on the Mac via UPnP, you can install the OpenHome player. Start it up on the Mac and select it from your iOS control point.
14-12-2020, 11:37
I have also the same Problem. My MinimServer runing on home server, self made. But I want to play music on my Mac. So now ihm looking for some freee player for Mac, that cad do this job. Do have some one some advice?
VLC ist not so bad, bu ist app for all. Maybe can some one make advice for music only?
14-12-2020, 18:13
You could try Linn Kazoo and the OpenHome player (see previous post).
20-12-2020, 18:24
The OpenHome player is very interesting. Is it possible to stream from qobuz, too, via e.g. the lumin app to this OpenHome player?
20-12-2020, 19:49
(20-12-2020 18:24)tarnkappe Wrote:  The OpenHome player is very interesting. Is it possible to stream from qobuz, too, via e.g. the lumin app to this OpenHome player?

I have just tried this, yes this works fine.