Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer - Audirvana interaction?
27-11-2020, 10:55
MinimServer - Audirvana interaction?
Hi Simon - I'm running a Melco with MiniServer. I also use an iMac wirelessly connected with Audirvana 3.2 to play to an ampDAC in my office and an Ethernet connected Macmini with Audirvana 3.5 to play to my main system. Something is causing the Macmini setup to constantly and incorrectly sync with the Melco music files (playlists have tracks progressively removed and tracks go missing; 'updated today' suddenly means half the library, etc).

Damien over at Audirvana was asking if rescanning the Melco with MiniWatch from the iMac could somehow flag the whole drive for resyncing on Audirvana 3.5? Doesn't happen with the 3.2 installation.

Any experience or comments?
Regards
David P
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2020, 12:24
RE: MinimServer - Audirvana interaction?
The following applies to MinimServer 2 running on the 3.92 Melco firmware. If your setup is different, please post details.

A MinimServer rescan updates only the MinimServer internal cache files. These files are not stored on the Melco music shared folder and would not be visible to Audirvana.
27-11-2020, 15:08
RE: MinimServer - Audirvana interaction?
(27-11-2020 12:24)simoncn Wrote:  The following applies to MinimServer 2 running on the 3.92 Melco firmware. If your setup is different, please post details.

A MinimServer rescan updates only the MinimServer internal cache files. These files are not stored on the Melco music shared folder and would not be visible to Audirvana.

Thanks for clearing that up
David