Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration minimserver 2 on qnap nas
23-11-2020, 16:14
Configuration minimserver 2 on qnap nas
I installed a trial version of minimserver 2 on my qnap nas and tried to configure the server on my pc with the latest version of the minimwatch app.

It does not work. With the previous version everything works fine but with the new one only the minimserver homepage starts but no configuration menue. How can i fix the problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2020, 16:21
RE: Configuration minimserver 2 on qnap nas
Are you using MinimWatch 2 or MinimWatch 0.8? You need to be running MinimWatch 2 to configure MinimServer 2. You can check the version by selecting Options > About (watch) from the MinimWatch menu.

If you are running MinimWatch 2, which platform (Windows, Mac or Linux) are you using for this?
24-11-2020, 15:23
I am using MinimWatch 2.0.8 with Windows 10.

(23-11-2020 16:21)simoncn Wrote:  Are you using MinimWatch 2 or MinimWatch 0.8? You need to be running MinimWatch 2 to configure MinimServer 2. You can check the version by selecting Options > About (watch) from the MinimWatch menu.

If you are running MinimWatch 2, which platform (Windows, Mac or Linux) are you using for this?
24-11-2020, 17:01 (This post was last modified: 24-11-2020 17:03 by simoncn.)
Do you see the minim icon in your system tray (not the MinimWatch desktop launch icon)? If you do, is the icon green or grey?

If you see the icon in your system tray and the icon is grey (with all menu selections except for Options, Refresh and Exit disabled), there is a problem with MinimWatch beng unable to communicate with MinimServer. Please try the suggestions on this page. The most common causes of this problem are:

1) Having your local network configured as Public instead of Private
2) Having rules in your Windows firewall that block inbound connections to the Java runtime

If neither of these solves the problem, try stopping and restarting MinimServer using the QNAP App Center.
25-11-2020, 16:01
The icon is green. I installed and restarted the Minim-App of my QNAP-NAS - without any result. When I activate Configure with the minim icon the system only activates the basic Minimserver status page.

With the previous versions of Minimserver and Minimwatch everything works fine with the configuration. I changed no configuration in Windows or the QNAP-NAS.

(24-11-2020 17:01)simoncn Wrote:  Do you see the minim icon in your system tray (not the MinimWatch desktop launch icon)? If you do, is the icon green or grey?

If you see the icon in your system tray and the icon is grey (with all menu selections except for Options, Refresh and Exit disabled), there is a problem with MinimWatch beng unable to communicate with MinimServer. Please try the suggestions on this page. The most common causes of this problem are:

1) Having your local network configured as Public instead of Private
2) Having rules in your Windows firewall that block inbound connections to the Java runtime

If neither of these solves the problem, try stopping and restarting MinimServer using the QNAP App Center.
25-11-2020, 20:07
To see all the configuration properties, you need to select Properties from the minim icon, not Configure.