Transcoding with Minimserver
17-07-2013, 22:46
RE: Transcoding with Minimserver
That would be fantastic! Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 17:53
(14-06-2013 14:33)simoncn Wrote:  For AAC and MP3, I would consider providing an option to disable transcoding for these types. This enhancement would need to be considered along with any other issues or requests that may come up when the first release of enhanced transcoding support is available.

I've been reworking this code to provide more flexibility to support specific combinations of source and target transcoding formats instead of having a single global setting for the transcoding target format. This would make it possible to transcode ALAC to WAV without transcoding AAC and MP3 as well.
03-08-2013, 05:49
(30-04-2013 19:16)bulpy Wrote:  Thank you, it works very very well!! :-)

Could you tell me the syntax you used for transcoding parameter in MinimWatch? I would like to try it to see if i can tell a difference between formats with my renderer.

Was it exactly like you had it in your question? flac > wav24

Thanks!
03-08-2013, 06:31
(03-08-2013 05:49)pdf1964 Wrote:  Could you tell me the syntax you used for transcoding parameter in MinimWatch? I would like to try it to see if i can tell a difference between formats with my renderer.

Thanks!

You can find a description of the syntax in this section.

To transcode all your FLAC files to 24-bit WAV, the transcode property should be set to wav24.
03-08-2013, 17:34
(03-08-2013 06:31)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 05:49)pdf1964 Wrote:  Could you tell me the syntax you used for transcoding parameter in MinimWatch? I would like to try it to see if i can tell a difference between formats with my renderer.

Thanks!

You can find a description of the syntax in this section.

To transcode all your FLAC files to 24-bit WAV, the transcode property should be set to wav24.

That works great! However, now when using BubbleUPnP as the control point to MinimServer running on my Synology NAS, I have an issue with tracks randomly stopping at the end of the current track and not advancing to the next song in the playlist. I will let Bubbleguuum know but was hoping maybe someone here knew a solution to this issue since it is a very popular combination.

Thanks,
Paul
03-08-2013, 18:00
(03-08-2013 17:34)pdf1964 Wrote:  That works great! However, now when using BubbleUPnP as the control point to MinimServer running on my Synology NAS, I have an issue with tracks randomly stopping at the end of the current track and not advancing to the next song in the playlist. I will let Bubbleguuum know but was hoping maybe someone here knew a solution to this issue since it is a very popular combination.

Thanks,
Paul

What kind of renderer are you using? This might be a renderer issue.

Does the problem happen when you use wav or wav16 transcoding, or only when you use wav24 transcoding?

To investigate this problem further, I would need to see a debug log. To produce this, please do the following:

1) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select 'Show log' to show the log window
2) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
3) Leave the log window open
4) Play a track
5) After the track finishes playing and does not advance, use 'Save as' in the log window to save the log data to a file
6) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info
7) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here
03-08-2013, 18:12
(03-08-2013 18:00)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 17:34)pdf1964 Wrote:  That works great! However, now when using BubbleUPnP as the control point to MinimServer running on my Synology NAS, I have an issue with tracks randomly stopping at the end of the current track and not advancing to the next song in the playlist. I will let Bubbleguuum know but was hoping maybe someone here knew a solution to this issue since it is a very popular combination.

Thanks,
Paul

What kind of renderer are you using? This might be a renderer issue.

Does the problem happen when you use wav or wav16 transcoding, or only when you use wav24 transcoding?

To investigate this problem further, I would need to see a debug log. To produce this, please do the following:

1) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select 'Show log' to show the log window
2) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
3) Leave the log window open
4) Play a track
5) After the track finishes playing and does not advance, use 'Save as' in the log window to save the log data to a file
6) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info
7) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here

The renderer is an Electrocompaniet ECI-6DS. All my files are uncompressed FLAC, either 16 or 24 bit. I have only tried the wav24 transcoding. I will get a log captured for you. I am currently working to get one to send to Bubbleguuum on the control point app.

Thanks for your help!
03-08-2013, 18:33
(03-08-2013 18:12)pdf1964 Wrote:  The renderer is an Electrocompaniet ECI-6DS. All my files are uncompressed FLAC, either 16 or 24 bit. I have only tried the wav24 transcoding. I will get a log captured for you. I am currently working to get one to send to Bubbleguuum on the control point app.

Thanks for your help!

It would be useful if you could try wav transcoding with a 16-bit FLAC file. This would help to narrow down what might be causing the problem. It would also be interesting to know whether the sound quality from this is any different from the sound quality you get when transcoding the same file to wav24.
04-08-2013, 04:06

.zip  Flac16_to_Wav24_transcode.zip (Size: 35.75 KB / Downloads: 0)
(03-08-2013 18:33)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 18:12)pdf1964 Wrote:  The renderer is an Electrocompaniet ECI-6DS. All my files are uncompressed FLAC, either 16 or 24 bit. I have only tried the wav24 transcoding. I will get a log captured for you. I am currently working to get one to send to Bubbleguuum on the control point app.

Thanks for your help!

It would be useful if you could try wav transcoding with a 16-bit FLAC file. This would help to narrow down what might be causing the problem. It would also be interesting to know whether the sound quality from this is any different from the sound quality you get when transcoding the same file to wav24.

I transcoded FLAC16 to Wav16 for several hours and could not get it to fail. FLAC16 to Wav24 stopped advancing to the next track after a couple hours. I have attached log files from each session.

Thanks,
Paul

Attached File(s)
.zip  Flac16_to_Wav16_transcode.zip (Size: 29.03 KB / Downloads: 2)
04-08-2013, 04:07
(04-08-2013 04:06)pdf1964 Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 18:33)simoncn Wrote:  

Thanks for your help!

I transcoded FLAC16 to Wav16 for several hours and could not get it to fail. FLAC16 to Wav24 stopped advancing to the next track after a couple hours. I have attached log files from each session.

Thanks,
Paul

Here is the Flac16 to Wav24 log

Attached File(s)
.zip  Flac16_to_Wav24_transcode.zip (Size: 35.75 KB / Downloads: 3)