Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting selections
04-11-2020, 11:59
Sorting selections
My top level sort includes 'albums', 'items', 'genre', 'album artist', 'composer', 'conductor' and 'folder view'.

For 'composer' and 'conductor', I am only interested in the classical and opera genres. Is it possible to exclude other genres when I select 'composer' or 'conductor'?

I would also like to remove 'albums' and 'items' from the top level sort choices.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2020, 18:56
RE: Sorting selections
There is no configuration option to remove these menu entries.
04-11-2020, 19:09
(04-11-2020 18:56)simoncn Wrote:  There is no configuration option to remove these menu entries.

Thank you - I thought that would probably be the case.

Is my first question possible? - "For 'composer' and 'conductor', I am only interested in the classical and opera genres. Is it possible to exclude other genres when I select 'composer' or 'conductor' (or to have a secondary sort)?"
04-11-2020, 19:22
It is not possible to exclude menu entries for certain genres. All available values for each tag are always displayed.

You can change the sort order so that your wanted genres always come first in the list. This sort order would apply to a list of genres wherever this is displayed.
04-11-2020, 19:28
At the moment, when I select 'Composer', I get a list of all composers. Is it possible to select 'Composer' and then get a list of genres, so that composers are first sorted by genre?
04-11-2020, 20:48
This isn't possible. Selecting Composer shows composers and selecting Genre shows genres.
06-11-2020, 18:01
(04-11-2020 20:48)simoncn Wrote:  This isn't possible. Selecting Composer shows composers and selecting Genre shows genres.

I only use two Genres, Classical and Non-Classical, but have a longer list of Sub-Genres.

After selecting a Genre of 'Classical', I can either choose a Composer and then one of the Sub-Genres that apply to that Composer, or choose a Sub-Genre and then one of the Composers who have recordings in that Sub-Genre.
07-11-2020, 14:33 (This post was last modified: 07-11-2020 14:37 by Alandbush.)
(04-11-2020 19:28)RSJ Wrote:  At the moment, when I select 'Composer', I get a list of all composers. Is it possible to select 'Composer' and then get a list of genres, so that composers are first sorted by genre?

@RSJ

You could try the following:

- add tagFormat entry of
ComposerByGenre.indexFormat={$Genre^$Composer^ - }

- add indexTag of
ComposerByGenre

- optionally add alphaGroup of
ComposerByGenre

Alternatively, you could simply add a shortcut to the Classical and Opera genres to the top index as per the following:

- add tagFormat entry of
GenreClassical.indexFormat={$Genre}
GenreOpera.indexFormat={$Genre}

- add indexTag of
GenreClassical=Classical
GenreOpera=Opera
07-11-2020, 15:02
That is very helpful, thank you. Gets very close to what I would like.
07-11-2020, 17:00
(04-11-2020 11:59)RSJ Wrote:  For 'composer' and 'conductor', I am only interested in the classical and opera genres. Is it possible to exclude other genres when I select 'composer' or 'conductor'?

From this I have to assume you have music files from other genres that also contain composer and conductor tags, otherwise those genres wouldn't appear when you've selected one.

Given the above, are you just after a way to filter both Classical AND Opera genres at the same time?
Alandbush gave you two filters but you could create a single filter using tagUpdate functionality.

Code:
@GENRE=Classical
@GENRE=Opera
+OPERASICAL=1

indexTags: OPERASICAL=1:ClassicalOROpera

This basically create a virtual (within MinimSever) tag called OPERASICAL with a value of 1 for every file that has a genre tag of 'Classical' or 'Opera'.