Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Index Artwork
15-11-2020, 20:49
RE: Index Artwork
Hi Simon and all. The new indexArtwork=auto feature seems to work as intended with the Linn Kazoo app for iPad but not with the Auralic Lightning DS app for iPad. LDS for iPad is my preferred app for a variety of reasons. Is there a way -- either on the MinimServer side or the Auralic side -- to get indexArtwork=auto to work with LDS? Thanks very much.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk1 (MinimServer 2) --> network --> AURALiC ARIES G2 --> Lightning Link (WWPS7 hdmi) --> AURALiC VEGA G2 with AURALiC LEO GX Master Clock --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 523 --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2020, 20:49
(15-11-2020 17:54)simoncn Wrote:  Edit: You don't say that the user needs to have a full or trial MinimServer license. It might be helpful to add that.
Thx Simon, I have added that, and I have also added a similar post about configuring artist artwork for a Melco server - https://community.jthink.net/t/how-do-i-...melco/9593
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2020, 22:38
(15-11-2020 20:49)GreenMtnGringo Wrote:  Hi Simon and all. The new indexArtwork=auto feature seems to work as intended with the Linn Kazoo app for iPad but not with the Auralic Lightning DS app for iPad. LDS for iPad is my preferred app for a variety of reasons. Is there a way -- either on the MinimServer side or the Auralic side -- to get indexArtwork=auto to work with LDS? Thanks very much.

Some control points download the MinimServer library contents and create their own index for artist. In this case, the control point would not have access to the indexArtwork image because this is available only in the indexes that MinimServer creates. If this is the reason for the problem, this behaviour should be the same when using your control point with any other UPnP server.
18-11-2020, 14:20
Hi Simon, thanks for the info and the new MinimServer 2 features.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk1 (MinimServer 2) --> network --> AURALiC ARIES G2 --> Lightning Link (WWPS7 hdmi) --> AURALiC VEGA G2 with AURALiC LEO GX Master Clock --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 523 --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7
20-11-2020, 15:01
(18-11-2020 14:20)GreenMtnGringo Wrote:  Hi Simon, thanks for the info and the new MinimServer 2 features.

Love this feature and providing hours of fun finding suitable artist images. I use dCS Mosaic whose artist thumbnails are very small even on iPad so need to select bold and distinctive images - b/w head shots seem best.
Decided against Songkong as 30 quid for images I might not like even if it worked is a bit steep.
Only bug so far is that Minim requires accents, umlauts etc. if these are embedded in artist title - proving a bit of a faff having to cut and paste correct titles into Explorer.
20 artists down, only 2000 odd to go!
20-11-2020, 17:39
(20-11-2020 15:01)keithsonic Wrote:  b/w head shots seem best.

Oops
21-11-2020, 10:55
(20-11-2020 15:01)keithsonic Wrote:  
(18-11-2020 14:20)GreenMtnGringo Wrote:  Hi Simon, thanks for the info and the new MinimServer 2 features.
Decided against Songkong as 30 quid for images I might not like even if it worked is a bit steep.
Only bug so far is that Minim requires accents, umlauts etc. if these are embedded in artist title - proving a bit of a faff having to cut and paste correct titles into Explorer.
Fair enough, but do you release you can run SongKong in Preview mode and see and browse all the artist images found (in Browse By Artist/Composer sections) before purchase, with 2000 artists to go you may find £30 is worth the time you save.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2020, 21:45 (This post was last modified: 14-09-2022 13:32 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(21-11-2020 10:55)paultaylor Wrote:  
(20-11-2020 15:01)keithsonic Wrote:  
Fair enough, but do you release you can run SongKong in Preview mode and see and browse all the artist images found (in Browse By Artist/Composer sections) before purchase, with 2000 artists to go you may find £30 is worth the time you save.
I do not know what the results are when using SongKong, but I experienced it can take a lot of time downloading , selecting and editing pictures.
The result also depends on the controlpoint being used.
It might be wise to look at the result after a few trials before doing your complete library!

Creation C5 (cuts off heads)
    Findata (neutral)
    New Linn app (broadens)
    Linn Kazoo (neutral)
    8Player (neutral)
06-03-2021, 19:22
(02-11-2020 11:45)simoncn Wrote:  An alternative would be to extend the "folder" setting so that the user could provide different generic images such as Artist.jpg, Composer.png, Date.jpg, etc. to be used for these index entries. I would be interested to hear comments on this.

That would be great Big Grin
07-03-2021, 17:05
Maybe someone is interested: I Found a free tool that works quite nice for downloading artist images when only choosing LastFM artist as source: Album Art Downloader
If you tell it to save images to "[yourmusicfolder]\indexArtwork\%artist%.%extension%" they are named as MinimServer needs them. In "File Browser" you also have to set this path in "specify path to find images".