Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about configuring browsing
22-10-2020, 19:21 (This post was last modified: 22-10-2020 19:22 by roy.magne@indrebo.net.)
Question about configuring browsing
I've been using BubbleUPnP with my QNAP Nas for years and it has been working like a dream. Recently QNAP has introduced a bug, or in their words "an enhancment" making the combination not possible to use.

When browsing my collection and selecting the artists, all the albums of the artist were listed like this:

After the update the grouping of albums are replaced with an alphabetical list of all the songs from all of the albums.

The people at BubbleUPnP suggested me to test MinimServer, and I have done that.
My initial test shows that MinimServer out of the box does not support what I want.
Is it possible to configure MinimServer to achieve what I want?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2020, 20:18
RE: Question about configuring browsing
(22-10-2020 19:21)roy.magne@indrebo.net Wrote:  I've been using BubbleUPnP with my QNAP Nas for years and it has been working like a dream. Recently QNAP has introduced a bug, or in their words "an enhancment" making the combination not possible to use.

When browsing my collection and selecting the artists, all the albums of the artist were listed like this:

After the update the grouping of albums are replaced with an alphabetical list of all the songs from all of the albums.

The people at BubbleUPnP suggested me to test MinimServer, and I have done that.
My initial test shows that MinimServer out of the box does not support what I want.
Is it possible to configure MinimServer to achieve what I want?

Thanks in advance!

To replicate the operation you describe above, I think you will need to select the [folder view] option. This can be found at the bottom of the main index.
22-10-2020, 21:01
(22-10-2020 20:18)Alandbush Wrote:  To replicate the operation you describe above, I think you will need to select the [folder view] option. This can be found at the bottom of the main index.

Unfortunately that does not solve things fully.
The main problem is that when entering an album the tracks are sorted by name and not number. In addition because of how I've organised my collection an artist may be present in more than one top-level folder so by selecting folder view I will not get all the albums of an artist.

But thanks for the suggestion, much appriciated.
22-10-2020, 21:10 (This post was last modified: 22-10-2020 21:11 by simoncn.)
MinimServer should be able to do what you want without using folder view. For most users, the normal menus (tag view) are preferable because they take full advantage of the tags in your library.

I am not sure exactly what you don't like about the default browsing experience with MinimServer. I am guessing that it might be the submenus that come up when you select an artist, rather than just seeing the list of albums for that artist. If my guess is correct, you can go straight to the list of albums with no submenus by setting the listViewAlbums property to a very large number (9999 should be OK) and restarting MinimServer.

If this is not what you want to achieve, please post back here.
22-10-2020, 21:25
(22-10-2020 21:10)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer should be able to do what you want without using folder view. For most users, the normal menus (tag view) are preferable because they take full advantage of the tags in your library.

I am not sure exactly what you don't like about the default browsing experience with MinimServer. I am guessing that it might be the submenus that come up when you select an artist, rather than just seeing the list of albums for that artist. If my guess is correct, you can go straight to the list of albums with no submenus by setting the listViewAlbums property to a very large number (9999 should be OK) and restarting MinimServer.

If this is not what you want to achieve, please post back here.
You guessed right, I just wanted the albums listed.
Changed the settings and it seemed to work just as I wanted.
Thanks a lot!