Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
system tray and taskbar
21-10-2020, 00:18
system tray and taskbar
In Windows 10, MinimServer is visible both as an icon on the system tray as well as an application running on the taskbar. Is there a way to have it come up just on the system tray?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2020, 08:17
RE: system tray and taskbar
On my Windows 10 system, MinimServer appears in the system tray only.

Perhaps you have unintentionally pinned MinimServer to the taskbar. To fix this, right-click the MinimServer icon on the taskbar and select "Unpin from taskbar".
21-10-2020, 18:41
I verified that MinimServer was not pinned to the taskbar.

It just seems like the DOS/cmd window wants to stay up. Perhaps something in the way java.exe is running the jar file?
21-10-2020, 20:51 (This post was last modified: 21-10-2020 21:18 by simoncn.)
If you have the .jar file extension associated with java.exe, this would explain the problem. This file extension should be associated with javaw.exe.

Please try running the Jarfix program and let me know whether this fixes the problem.
21-10-2020, 21:19
I re-associated .jar files with javaw.exe and that did the trick. Thanks very much!

Additionally I had to go to the registry and modify HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\javaw.exe\shell\open\command

It defaults to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_261\bin\javaw.exe" "%1"

But it needs to be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_261\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1"
21-10-2020, 21:33
Indeed, the -jar option is required. I am not sure how this would have come to be missing. A number of Windows 10 users have had issues with incorrect .jar file association.