Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
invisible minimserver
24-10-2020, 14:39
RE: invisible minimserver
The file attached to this post (minimwatch.log.zip) contained a file minimwatch.log which was a MinimWatch log file (I have just double-checked this again).

My apologies for missing the important point that you couldn't follow all the instructions without MinimWatch being working (catch 22). Sad To set these debug options on MinimServer without using MinimWatch, you can do the following:

1) Open the MinimServer configuration web page
2) On the Profiles tab, select Export and export your active profile
3) Edit the profile file using a text editor to add the following two lines exactly as shown:
Code:
.logLevel = debug
ohnet.debug = All
4) Save the edited file as a plain text file named test.profile
5) On the Profiles tab, select Import and import the test.profile file
6) On the Profiles tab, use the Select tab to make the test profile active

You are now all set to run the test:

1) Exit MinimWatch
2) Relaunch MinimWatch and wait for 2 minutes
3) Copy the minimserver.log file from the Synology MinimServer/appData folder to another safe location
4) Compress this file to save space and attach it to a post here

Many thanks for your help with this!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2020, 18:25
(24-10-2020 14:39)simoncn Wrote:  The file attached to this post (minimwatch.log.zip) contained a file minimwatch.log which was a MinimWatch log file (I have just double-checked this again).

My apologies for missing the important point that you couldn't follow all the instructions without MinimWatch being working (catch 22). Sad To set these debug options on MinimServer without using MinimWatch, you can do the following:

1) Open the MinimServer configuration web page
2) On the Profiles tab, select Export and export your active profile
3) Edit the profile file using a text editor to add the following two lines exactly as shown:
Code:
.logLevel = debug
ohnet.debug = All
4) Save the edited file as a plain text file named test.profile
5) On the Profiles tab, select Import and import the test.profile file
6) On the Profiles tab, use the Select tab to make the test profile active

You are now all set to run the test:

1) Exit MinimWatch
2) Relaunch MinimWatch and wait for 2 minutes
3) Copy the minimserver.log file from the Synology MinimServer/appData folder to another safe location
4) Compress this file to save space and attach it to a post here

Many thanks for your help with this!

I saw the catch 22 Big Grin
And i guessed the method. I just wasn't sure of what to add, so thx Simon

Now, the zip is too large, so you can download it here:
https://www.soudoplatoff.org/div/minimserver.log.zip

Cheers
Serge
24-10-2020, 21:31 (This post was last modified: 24-10-2020 21:32 by simoncn.)
Thanks very much for this log.

I don't see anything obvious but I wonder whether the errors you had at startup (license error 500, MinimStreamer getting uninstalled) might be related to the "port 0" issue.

Please use the Synology Package Center to stop and restart MinimServer. Does this resolve the issue?

If this enables MinimWatch to start working, it would be a good idea to remove the debug settings from both MinimServer and MinimWatch.
25-10-2020, 07:51
Yes, stop and start minimserver did resolve the issue....

I shoud have done it; but thx for the help, Simon
25-10-2020, 09:56
I'm pleased to hear the problem is solved now.

Thank you very much for all your help with investigating this issue. This has provided most of the information that I need to reproduce and debug this problem and hopefully get it fixed so that it won't impact other users.

The only other thing I need is the settings in your profile. Please post these settings here so that I can set up a system with the same settings and repeat exactly what you did, including the errors and restarts.
25-10-2020, 11:06
(25-10-2020 09:56)simoncn Wrote:  I'm pleased to hear the problem is solved now.

Thank you very much for all your help with investigating this issue. This has provided most of the information that I need to reproduce and debug this problem and hopefully get it fixed so that it won't impact other users.

The only other thing I need is the settings in your profile. Please post these settings here so that I can set up a system with the same settings and repeat exactly what you did, including the errors and restarts.

Here are my settings.
I guess you have with the log file all what happened with the 500 error.

BTW my transcoding may seem weird: I used to transcode everything to 24:192 but you remember this issue with overflow. Will this be corrected one day, or is it just here ?

Thx !
Serge

Attached File(s)
.zip  Linn.profile.zip (Size: 1.12 KB / Downloads: 3)
25-10-2020, 19:59
It is impossible to have more than 4 GB of data in a WAV file. Nothing can be done to "correct" this.

Also, the modulo bug you found is in FFmpeg, not in MinimStreamer. I have updated the other thread to explain this.

Using your log, I have tried to go through the exact sequence of errors and restarts that you did but the "port 0" bug has refused to appear. Sad
26-10-2020, 08:22
(25-10-2020 19:59)simoncn Wrote:  Using your log, I have tried to go through the exact sequence of errors and restarts that you did but the "port 0" bug has refused to appear. Sad

Could it be because of my network topology ?