Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
invisible minimserver
21-10-2020, 08:08
RE: invisible minimserver
Have you set the ohnet.subnet property for MinimWatch? If your Mac has mutiple network adapters (real or virtual), MinimWatch might be using the wrong adapter. This could happen "randomly" when something changes your Mac's network configuration. See the last paragraph of the MinimWatch can't find MinimServer section for more information.

If this isn't the issue, please create a log for MinimWatch 2 by doing the following:

1) On the System tab of the Properties dialog, set ohnet.debug to Default+Network
2) In the MinimWatch log window, set the logging level to Debug. To display this log window, select Options > Show log (watch) from the minim icon.
3) Exit MinimWatch
4) Relaunch MinimWatch and wait for 2 minutes
5) Copy the minimwatch.log file from the ~/Library/MinimWatch folder to another safe location
6) Compress this file to save space and attach it to a post here. Do not copy the contents of this file inline into a post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2020, 16:58
(21-10-2020 08:08)simoncn Wrote:  Have you set the ohnet.subnet property for MinimWatch? If your Mac has mutiple network adapters (real or virtual), MinimWatch might be using the wrong adapter. This could happen "randomly" when something changes your Mac's network configuration. See the last paragraph of the MinimWatch can't find MinimServer section for more information.

If this isn't the issue, please create a log for MinimWatch 2 by doing the following:

1) On the System tab of the Properties dialog, set ohnet.debug to Default+Network
2) In the MinimWatch log window, set the logging level to Debug. To display this log window, select Options > Show log (watch) from the minim icon.
3) Exit MinimWatch
4) Relaunch MinimWatch and wait for 2 minutes
5) Copy the minimwatch.log file from the ~/Library/MinimWatch folder to another safe location
6) Compress this file to save space and attach it to a post here. Do not copy the contents of this file inline into a post.

ohnet subnet was fine.
Here is the log
Thx Simon

Attached File(s)
.zip  minimwatch.log.zip (Size: 6.38 KB / Downloads: 2)
21-10-2020, 17:43
Thanks for sending this log.

This is the dreaded "port 0" issue (see this post). The problem is not in MinimWatch but in MinimServer. Please remind me what device you are using to run MinimServer and which MinimServer version and update you are using.

The "port 0" problem is caused by a bug in ohNet that I have not been able to track down. I am very keen to find this problem and get it fixed. To help me do this, I would very much appreciate seeing a minimserver.log file. To produce this log, please do the following:

1) Do not stop or restart MinimServer
2) On the System tab of the Properties dialog for MinimServer (not MinimWatch), set ohnet.debug to All
3) In the log window for MinimServer (not MinimWatch), set the logging level to Debug. To display this log window, select Show log from the MinimWatch minim icon.
4) Exit MinimWatch
5) Relaunch MinimWatch and wait for 2 minutes
6) Copy the minimserver.log file from the device running MinimServer to another safe location
7) Compress this file to save space and attach it to a post here.

I am hoping this log might provide some clues to what is going wrong. Many thanks!
21-10-2020, 23:24
(21-10-2020 17:43)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for sending this log.

This is the dreaded "port 0" issue (see this post). The problem is not in MinimWatch but in MinimServer. Please remind me what device you are using to run MinimServer and which MinimServer version and update you are using.

The "port 0" problem is caused by a bug in ohNet that I have not been able to track down. I am very keen to find this problem and get it fixed. To help me do this, I would very much appreciate seeing a minimserver.log file. To produce this log, please do the following:

2) On the System tab of the Properties dialog for MinimServer (not MinimWatch), set ohnet.debug to All
3) In the log window for MinimServer (not MinimWatch), set the logging level to Debug. To display this log window, select Show log from the MinimWatch minim icon.
4) Exit MinimWatch
6) Copy the minimserver.log file from the device running MinimServer to another safe location

I am hoping this log might provide some clues to what is going wrong. Many thanks!

Hi Simon

here is the log file. I hope I did it right (I just used save as in minimwatch instead of opening terminal and saving to a safe place. If not good I'll do it again.
Best
Serge

Attached File(s)
.zip  minim_svs_log2.txt.zip (Size: 4.67 KB / Downloads: 1)
21-10-2020, 23:28
And BTW Simon, it seems you also adressed this in 2012 ;-)

http://forum.openhome.org/showthread.php?tid=1022
22-10-2020, 10:05 (This post was last modified: 22-10-2020 10:11 by simoncn.)
Thanks for sending this file. Because of the way you created it, it doesn't contain any ohNet log entries. ohNet log entries are written only to the minimserver.log file. This is why I asked for a copy of the minimserver.log file.

Please send a copy of the minimserver.log file. You don't need to repeat the test. I will find the necessary portion of the log file that covers the test period.

Edit: looking at your log file more carefully, I see that it is a MinimWatch log file, not a MinimServer log file. I need the MinimServer log file that was written to the machine running MinimServer, not the MinimWatch log file from the machine running MinimWatch.

Edit 2: The 2012 discussion was about another topic. This is a different port 0 issue.
22-10-2020, 10:29
(22-10-2020 10:05)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for sending this file. Because of the way you created it, it doesn't contain any ohNet log entries. ohNet log entries are written only to the minimserver.log file. This is why I asked for a copy of the minimserver.log file.

Please send a copy of the minimserver.log file. You don't need to repeat the test. I will find the necessary portion of the log file that covers the test period.

Edit: looking at your log file more carefully, I see that it is a MinimWatch log file, not a MinimServer log file. I need the MinimServer log file that was written to the machine running MinimServer, not the MinimWatch log file from the machine running MinimWatch.

Edit 2: The 2012 discussion was about another topic. This is a different port 0 issue.

OK, I knew I had a risk. My apologies, Simon

Is this one oK ? If not, I'll redo everything

Cheers
Serge

Attached File(s)
.zip  minimwatch.log.zip (Size: 121.65 KB / Downloads: 2)
22-10-2020, 10:37 (This post was last modified: 22-10-2020 10:44 by simoncn.)
I need the minimserver.log file from the machine running MinimServer, not the minimwatch.log file from the machine running MinimWatch. You don't need to repeat the test, just send the correct file. Smile

Edit: Perhaps you do need to repeat the test. It looks like you set ohnet.debug to All on the machine running MinimWatch, not on the machine running MinimServer. Here are the detailed instructions.

2) On the System tab of the Properties dialog for MinimServer (not MinimWatch), set ohnet.debug to All. To display this dialog, select Properties (not Properties (watch)) from the MinimWatch minim icon.
3) In the log window for MinimServer (not MinimWatch), set the logging level to Debug. To display this log window, select Show log (not Show log (watch)) from the MinimWatch minim icon.
4) Exit MinimWatch
24-10-2020, 14:04
(22-10-2020 10:37)simoncn Wrote:  I need the minimserver.log file from the machine running MinimServer, not the minimwatch.log file from the machine running MinimWatch. You don't need to repeat the test, just send the correct file. Smile

Edit: Perhaps you do need to repeat the test. It looks like you set ohnet.debug to All on the machine running MinimWatch, not on the machine running MinimServer. Here are the detailed instructions.

2) On the System tab of the Properties dialog for MinimServer (not MinimWatch), set ohnet.debug to All. To display this dialog, select Properties (not Properties (watch)) from the MinimWatch minim icon.
3) In the log window for MinimServer (not MinimWatch), set the logging level to Debug. To display this log window, select Show log (not Show log (watch)) from the MinimWatch minim icon.
4) Exit MinimWatch

But I don't have access to this. The Property tab is greyed.

24-10-2020, 14:05
And the last file I sent you was from minimserver, not minimwatch...