Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artist multi-item tag
14-10-2020, 11:15
RE: Artist multi-item tag
I store the great majority of my music files as ALAC. CDs are ripped to ALAC using iTunes which I also use to curate the files. Typically I set 'Album Artist' to the principal performer and add other performers to this artist to complete the 'Artist' tag. The list of performers may change from track to track. I point MinimServer to the iTunes media/music library and I have never had any problem picking up the metadata with control apps (BubbleUPnP and dCS Mosaic). Thus in BubbleUPnP 'Album Artist' is listed at the album level and all the contributing artists are listed as 'Artist' at the track level. Note that I have many examples of multiple artists varying between tracks on an album - all are displayed correctly by BubbleUPnP at the track level.
So I'm not sure what your problem is: is it the tag editor you use or perhaps a limitation of Audirvana? (I've not used the latter for years but can't remember any problems with the 'Artist' tag.)

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Artist multi-item tag - stefano_mbp - 14-10-2020, 10:24
RE: Artist multi-item tag - DavidL - 14-10-2020 11:15
RE: Artist multi-item tag - simoncn - 14-10-2020, 11:19
RE: Artist multi-item tag - DavidL - 14-10-2020, 17:49
RE: Artist multi-item tag - simoncn - 14-10-2020, 14:23
RE: Artist multi-item tag - simoncn - 14-10-2020, 15:12
RE: Artist multi-item tag - simoncn - 14-10-2020, 19:34