Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem merging tags
25-09-2020, 16:58
Problem merging tags
My control points only support a limited number of displayed tags, including Comment, so I am attempting to show Contentgroup, by merging (appending) Contentgroup onto Comment, so I can see the text from both tags in one display field. I know that Contentgroup exists, because I can use it as an indexTag. I am following the rules for the Tag values property, by specifying Comment.merge={Contentgroup} in the TagValue option field. If Contentgroup is not listed in ItemTags or IndexTags, I get this error message in the log:
incorrect tag name 'Contentgroup' in option 'Comment.merge' in property 'tagOptions'. If I include it in IndexTags or ItemTags, the rescan runs without errors, but the Comment field, as displayed on Now Playing, is unchanged.

Am I missing something, or barking completely up the wrong tree?
Marmite

Server :: RaspberryPi3B+>Minimserver 2
Control : Android>BubbleUPnP / W10>Upplay / W10>Kazoo / iPhone>Kazoo
Renderer: BubbleUPnP Server>Cambridge Audio CXN V2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2020, 17:10
RE: Problem merging tags
You should use displayFormat in tagFormat property:
Comment.displayFormat={$Comment$Contentgroup}
25-09-2020, 17:14
(25-09-2020 16:58)MarmiteSandwich Wrote:  My control points only support a limited number of displayed tags, including Comment, so I am attempting to show Contentgroup, by merging (appending) Contentgroup onto Comment, so I can see the text from both tags in one display field. I know that Contentgroup exists, because I can use it as an indexTag. I am following the rules for the Tag values property, by specifying Comment.merge={Contentgroup} in the TagValue option field. If Contentgroup is not listed in ItemTags or IndexTags, I get this error message in the log:
incorrect tag name 'Contentgroup' in option 'Comment.merge' in property 'tagOptions'. If I include it in IndexTags or ItemTags, the rescan runs without errors, but the Comment field, as displayed on Now Playing, is unchanged.

Am I missing something, or barking completely up the wrong tree?
Marmite

It may be due to your choice of tag editor and how it stores CONTENTGROUP within the audio file. See Tag mappings for tag equivalents.

You could check the MinimServer log file for the existence or creation of the CONTENTGROUP tag.
Or you could use the writeAllTags feature to list all of the tags for a file, folder or library. Refer to this section in the User guide.
25-09-2020, 18:07
The Comment.merge={Contentgroup} option probably isn't suitable for what you want. If both Comment and Contentgroup are present, this merge would create a second Comment tag containing the Contentgroup value.
25-09-2020, 18:27
(25-09-2020 18:07)simoncn Wrote:  The Comment.merge={Contentgroup} option probably isn't suitable for what you want. If both Comment and Contentgroup are present, this merge would create a second Comment tag containing the Contentgroup value.

Thanks for the information, Simon. Is there some other way of achieving contentgroup appended to comment without updating the actual metadata in the files?

Marmite

25-09-2020, 18:51
(25-09-2020 18:27)MarmiteSandwich Wrote:  
(25-09-2020 18:07)simoncn Wrote:  The Comment.merge={Contentgroup} option probably isn't suitable for what you want. If both Comment and Contentgroup are present, this merge would create a second Comment tag containing the Contentgroup value.

Thanks for the information, Simon. Is there some other way of achieving contentgroup appended to comment without updating the actual metadata in the files?

Marmite

Cancel that - @stefano's suggestion works a treat. Many thanks to him.
Marmite.