Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimwatch greyed out after NAS password change
17-03-2021, 20:14
Minimwatch greyed out after NAS password change
Hi

I had been using Minimwatch successfully on my Windows 10 PC and now today it has gone into 'greyed out' mode where the only options available are Options, Refresh and Exit. I can still access Minimserver fine from the NAS and from my uPnP software on my Naim streamer.

The only change that I'm aware of - other than automatic Windows upgrades - is that I changed the sign-in password for my QNAP HS251 NAS. After this I had to reconnect the mapped drives on my PC so I'm wondering if this has also affected Minimwatch in some way. Unfortunately I can't set it back to the old password to check as the QNAP software has since tightened up its password requirements and it isn't valid any more!

Any advice please? I wanted to avoid reinstalling Minimwatch if possible as I didn't want to lose my settings.

Thanks
Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2021, 21:06
RE: Minimwatch greyed out after NAS password change
This is not caused by your password change.

Are there any messages in the MinimWatch log? To view this, select Options > Show log (watch).
17-03-2021, 21:49 (This post was last modified: 17-03-2021 21:49 by simoncn.)
If Windows has recently installed a Java update, this could be the cause of the problem. This often leaves the Windows firewall in a state where inbound connections to Java (and MinimWatch) are blocked. For information about how to update the firewall configuration, see the MinimWatch can't find MinimServer section.
17-03-2021, 22:32
Thanks for the replies. This is the content of the log set at Info level:
MinimWatch 0.8.5.3 update 64, Copyright © 2012-2019 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_221-b11)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.221-b11, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is windows-1252
Using single subnet 192.168.1.0
Startup complete

I will check out the other thing about Java.

Thanks

Steve
17-03-2021, 22:48
Hi again

I tried turning Window Defender Firewall, which I normally use, off and rebooted my PC but I still got the same result.

Steve
17-03-2021, 22:50
I see you have set a custom value for ohnet.subnet. Are you sure this is correct? What is the IP address of your NAS?
17-03-2021, 22:50
If the Windows network type has changed from private to public, this could cause the problem.
17-03-2021, 23:03
It's ok I've solved it. I've updated Minimwatch to the latest version. Could have sworn Minimwatch was working after the upgrade of Minimserver to version 2 but reread all the notes and these suggest it doesn't!

Still, all good now - thanks for your time.