Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will not open/play using Yamaha Rx-v3800 network receiver
13-09-2020, 08:09
Will not open/play using Yamaha Rx-v3800 network receiver
Minimserver was installed (and is running) as a planned second server for full opera CD’s but it will not open at the "Album" on tree on receiver GUI and therefore play. It will open “Songs”and list them but shows message “connect error” if try to play. Installed on Win 10 home computer. Ethernet connection to renderer/controller (Yamaha Rx-V3800) network receiver. Library is held on separate HDD slave. All files are wav. Index tags are Album, Title, Artist . Asset UPnP works fine for above. Any known solutions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2020, 09:16
RE: Will not open/play using Yamaha Rx-v3800 network receiver
To understand what is happening, I need to see a debug log. Please do the following:

1) From the minim icon in the Windows system tray, select "Show log"
2) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
3) Leave the log window open
4) Try to open an album and/or play a song (one attempt is sufficient)
5) In the log window, click "Save as" and save the log to a file
6) Zip the log file (important to save space) and attach it as a file attachment to a post here. Do not copy text from the log and post it inline.

I will look at the log file and advise on next steps.
14-09-2020, 04:46
Attached is Zip as requested.

Attached File(s)
.7z  Debug01.7z (Size: 3 KB / Downloads: 3)
14-09-2020, 22:24
Thanks for this. The log shows that the MinimServer library contains a single album "Rigoletto Highlights ENO" containing a single track. Is this correct?
15-09-2020, 01:25
No. That's not correct. I noticed the same when I accessed via the TV last night for interest. Search tree should be Album, Artist, Title. Maybe I have not set the properties correctly. Should have 43 albums and 1140 or more titles. Each album is an opera and title are "songs". Some albums may have opera name the same as another but be different artists. I added this library to the Asset library and it works as it should.
15-09-2020, 07:07
Please can you repeat the test that produced the Debug log, this time setting the logging level to Trace instead of Debug. This should provide more information about the problem. Many thanks.
16-09-2020, 07:19
Trace file (7zip)attached as requested. Thanks for your help on this. I'm looking forward to getting this working.

Attached File(s)
.7z  Trace01.7z (Size: 34.37 KB / Downloads: 1)
16-09-2020, 17:13
Thanks for this log. It shows that MinimServer is unable to read the tags in your WAV files. This likely to be because your tags are in LIST/INFO format (which is not supported by MinimServer) instead of ID3v2 format (which is supported by MinimServer).

LIST/INFO is an older tagging standard that is specific to WAV files and supports a limited set of tags (Album, Artist, Genre, Title, Date). ID3v2 is a newer tagging standard that is used for a number of file types (MP3, DSF, WAV) and supports a wide range of tags including the ability for a user to create custom tags with any user-defined name.

Many tag editor programs are able to save tags to WAV files in both LIST/INFO and ID3v2 format. It is fine to have both formats in the same file. Which tag editor program are you using?
17-09-2020, 04:50
(16-09-2020 17:13)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this log. It shows that MinimServer is unable to read the tags in your WAV files. This likely to be because your tags are in LIST/INFO format (which is not supported by MinimServer) instead of ID3v2 format (which is supported by MinimServer).

LIST/INFO is an older tagging standard that is specific to WAV files and supports a limited set of tags (Album, Artist, Genre, Title, Date). ID3v2 is a newer tagging standard that is used for a number of file types (MP3, DSF, WAV) and supports a wide range of tags including the ability for a user to create custom tags with any user-defined name.

Many tag editor programs are able to save tags to WAV files in both LIST/INFO and ID3v2 format. It is fine to have both formats in the same file. Which tag editor program are you using?

Attached is image of wave tag options for dBPoweramp. Appears may have come to the end of the road with this.
Thanks for your help.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

17-09-2020, 07:23 (This post was last modified: 17-09-2020 07:24 by simoncn.)
These settings (tag creation: LIST & ID3) are fine. If your WAV files were ripped or converted using these settings, there should not be a problem. If the files were ripped or converted in some other way, it is simple to use dBpoweramp to add ID3 tags.

Can you upload one of your WAV files to my FTP server for me to look at? I will send you a PM with the server details.