Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using app with minimserver
03-08-2020, 12:57
Using app with minimserver
Now is minimserver automatically upstarted in the taskmanager when i start windows 10.
That is a nice feature

Its only when i open the app i must first restart the minimserver
The idea was not doing this anymore

The audionet app when opened shows my smartv as server and the Minimserver is not to see here as server ?
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2020, 13:51
RE: Using app with minimserver
Are you running the Audionet app on Windows 10 or on another device?
03-08-2020, 14:43
Thanks
On a smartphone is the Audionet app running
03-08-2020, 19:50
This a problem with UPnP multicast discovery on your network. It might be possible to fix it by changing a router setting. See this section for more information and some suggestions.
03-08-2020, 20:57 (This post was last modified: 03-08-2020 20:58 by janamdo.)
Thanks
In the audionet app there is tab with servers.
Already there is to see a server from the smart tv: Panasonic vieRa and there is information to read about this server: modelname,modelnumber,manufacturer,frindlyname,description url, udn.

When i restart the minimserver than it is loaded in the app.

The fact that this viera smart tv is listed makes it necessary to chancing a router setting?
04-08-2020, 09:14
A UPnP device can be discovered either by the control point sending an M-SEARCH request or the device sending an Alive notification. When the control point starts, it sends M-SEARCH and all devices should respond. In addition, every 15 to 30 minutes, each device should send an Alive notification.

If the network is functioning correctly, MinimServer will be discovered by the control point when MinimServer responds to the control point's M-SEARCH request. If this response to M-SEARCH is blocked by the network, MinimServer will not be discovered by the control point.

When you restart MinimServer, it sends an Alive notification and this forces it to be discovered by the control point with no need for M-SEARCH.

Some devices implement a nonstandard workaround for this M-SEARCH issue by "flooding" the network with very frequent Alive notifications. It is possible that your Viera TV is doing this but I cannot be sure without seeing a packet trace from your network. MinimServer uses the ohNet stack for UPnP communication and ohNet does not "flood" the network in this way.

The other possibility is that your TV is connected to the network in a different way than the device running MinimServer (for example, wireless rather than wired, or via a different switch). This can affect network discovery if all components in your network are not working correctly.
04-08-2020, 10:04 (This post was last modified: 04-08-2020 10:06 by janamdo.)
Thanks
The audionet app (control point) is scanning the network and found the Marantz network receiver and also the tv
Minimserver is on PC connected with a wired networkcable and tv is also wired with a networkcable

Audionet app the control point is wireless and must sending a M-SEARCH to the minimserver
There are networksettings for the audionet app:
- Upnp search time out = 4 sec
- audionet-sync timeout = 2 sec
- internet protocol
Chanced some setting via help of audionet app, but no minimserver showing up on app

If i rescan or restart minim server on PC the minim server shows up in adionet app (Alive notification)
I do have a old smartphone : samsung S6

Minimserver is then blocked for M-SEARCH: fixing the routersetting?
04-08-2020, 11:59
If your devices are wired directly to the router, it must be a problem with the router. Does the router have a setting for IGMP snooping? This should be set to Off.
04-08-2020, 12:41
For the LAN settings of the router there is no IGMP snooping option in the setup screem from the provider.
04-08-2020, 12:57
What is the make and model name/number of the router?

It sometimes helps to power all equipment off and on as described in the link that I posted previously. Have you done this?
Thread Closed