Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using app with minimserver
07-08-2020, 10:57
RE: Using app with minimserver
I am lost with the configuration of this .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2020, 11:07
Can you contact AVG technical support and ask them for help?
07-08-2020, 11:30
Thanks
A good idea..right now i am chatting with AVG
--------------------------------
Hello Technical Support

I do have a Minim music server installed on Windows 10
I am using a audionet aMM app on my smartphone to control via wifi the musicserver

Problem is that the Minimsever is not showing up on my smartphone app audionet aMM ?
Its only showing up if i restart/rescan the music server (minim) op my computer windows 10 ( via Aliv messages)

---------------------------------------------
How to configure AVG antivirus that the musicserver minim is showing up on my telephone in the audionet app?

Thanks in advance
07-08-2020, 12:19
Okay Jan. If the AVG blocking the access of it, I can help you to resolve the situation. But the issue is not because of AVG and it does not blocking it. So, you need to contact minimserver support to resolve the situation.
07-08-2020, 13:36
The only way to be sure whether or not the problem is caused by AVG is to disable or uninstall AVG as a test. You can use the Windows firewall while you are doing this test. I am familiar with the Windows firewall and I can tell you exactly what settings you need to use to make MinimServer discovery work.
07-08-2020, 15:30 (This post was last modified: 07-08-2020 15:32 by Alandbush.)
Perhaps this Disabling the AVG firewall link can help in the testing. It also continues describing how to add an application to AVGs trusted list etc. Etc.
07-08-2020, 15:37
(07-08-2020 15:30)Alandbush Wrote:  Perhaps this Disabling the AVG firewall link can help in the testing. It also continues describing how to add an application to AVGs trusted list etc. Etc.
Thanks
But this already done by AVG support
07-08-2020, 15:39
Thanks
Yes i try later to uninstall AVG virus and thest this further with the firewall in Windows
07-08-2020, 17:55
Thanks. The first step is to get it working with the Windows firewall. For the Windows firewall, you need to make sure that the local network is private and that there are firewall rules to allow inbound connections from private networks to Java(TM) Platform SE binary on both TCP and UDP. If you don't see these rules, post back here and I will suggest what you should do next.
07-08-2020, 23:15
Thanks
After thinking about this on my computer removing AVG antivirus is not a permanent option.
Suppose the minimserver is working without the AVG virusscanner then de AVG has installed back again