Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 2 works great for me
28-07-2020, 13:20
RE: MinimServer 2 works great for me
(27-07-2020 21:50)simoncn Wrote:  Thare is no need to rescan after changing your tag update file. A restart (significantly quicker) is sufficient. You only need to rescan after changing the library files.

Hmm, then I didn't get the following thread
https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread...674&page=3
better said if I got it right it now explains to me why I see some glitches in my setup I was unable to explain in the past.

Story goes like this.
  1. A rescan processes the actual library contents and writes an alltags file at the very end. According to the other thread it takes the tagupdate file into account. Senseless since this tagupdate is either a static one (poor solution) or outdated since it was generated upon an outdated library content.
  2. Now I use a small util which utilises the up to date alltags file and produces an up to date tagupdate file.
  3. And now I need to either rescan or restart. Depends upon if the tagupdate is taken into account by a restart and doesn't require a rescan.

Correct me if being wrong, but it looks to me as if I need 2 stages.
Stefan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2020, 14:01 (This post was last modified: 28-07-2020 17:05 by simoncn.)
The output of writeAllTags does NOT take the tag update file into account. The other thread raised this as an inconsistency in the documentation and the documentation has now been corrected.

Both a rescan and a restart DO take the tag update file into account. I think this means your workflow should be:

1) Make changes to the library
2) Do a rescan to create an all tags file that matches 1)
3) Run your utility to produce a tag update file using the output from 2)
4) Do a restart to apply the output of 3) to your view of the library
28-07-2020, 15:38
(28-07-2020 14:01)simoncn Wrote:  4) Do a restart to apply the output of 3) to your view of the library

I think this was the one I missed, better said this was the one I wasted around 5 min for a second rescan instead of doing a simple restart.
Thanks for getting this information.