Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimum (Entry ) Qualifications Needed to Use Minim Server?
16-07-2020, 11:34
RE: Minimum (Entry ) Qualifications Needed to Use Minim Server?
Hi folks and particularly "Simoncn",

Didn't give up with "frustration" - I doggedly carried on - determined to get it to work!!

Yes there was a problem with the initial download, as I did not have Java installed, so downloaded that and Jarvix.

Then was able to access the files on my hard drive in order to form a "mini server", in my Windows 10 system, containing 1,826 files (equivalent to 302gb of music on my external hard drive).

Coming to terms how to use the software programme and what it will do and how it works.

I didn't refer to the your "guidelines" as they were somewhat over complicated and confusing, with terminology with which I was not fully familiar.

All seemed to work. Might regret my approach though, as time goes on.

I am now using my two tablets, laptop and smartphone to "throw" my music to my Chromecast Audios (and bluetooth devices) around the house.

I am happy and content now (for the moment).

SORRY FOR MY CRY OF HELP RESULTING FROM MY INITIAL FRUSTRATING ENCOUNTER WITH "MINIMSERVER".

Just need to work with it more - get to understand it.

No doubt be back here again as I learn about the product and encounter (hopefully) small issues.

Cheers,

Douglas (UK)

THANK YOU
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minimum (Entry ) Qualifications Needed to Use Minim Server? - coppinsuk - 16-07-2020 11:34