Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database not updating when changes made / new album added
09-07-2020, 21:01
Database not updating when changes made / new album added
l Installed Minimserver 2 on my Synology DS218+ NAS yesterday. I am accessing it on my Galaxy S10 smartphone via the BubbleUPNP app. It worked fine last night but today I added a new album and made some changes to the dates in my music collection but the app is showing no signs of updating...

Is there something I've missed?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2020, 21:13
RE: Database not updating when changes made / new album added
You need to do a rescan after making changes to your library. You can do this either from the configuration web page or from MinimWatch.
09-07-2020, 22:17 (This post was last modified: 09-07-2020 22:28 by Spymaster.)
(09-07-2020 21:13)simoncn Wrote:  You need to do a rescan after making changes to your library. You can do this either from the configuration web page or from MinimWatch.

Thanks!

Does that reindex the entire collection (6000 albums)? Isn't that extreme to add one album?
10-07-2020, 00:19 (This post was last modified: 10-07-2020 09:31 by simoncn.)
MinimServer uses a cache so that the rescan only reads files that have been added or changed since the last scan. Further optimizations are possible but will require a major redesign to implement them.

Also, you can play music while the rescan is happening. You can't browse the librarary or select new music to play until the rescan completes.